TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a website that has a good selection of ford crate engines. I am thinking about doing a t-bird project and am wanting a new crate motor. I am looking for EFI 4.6's or 5.0's. I have been to fordracingparts.com but they only have 2 4.6's to choose from and I am not going to pay 15K for one of the 4.6's they have listed.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I would not buy a crate engine. Have one built by a local machine shop. This way if there is a problem you can deal with it in person.

People have bought from Coast High Performance and they do not stamp any part of the assembly with anykind of part or reference #.

There is a freind of mine that bought a 347 stroker kit from Coast. He was trying to help someone else out and called them to see what dampner they sold him. He had the part on the receipt but they had no idea because they didn't keep track of what one they sent him.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
If this is going in a 90 like your profile says you do know you will have to switch motor mounts, tranny's, drive shaft's, EEC's, wiring harnesses and too much other stuff to list.

You will need to make sure you have an 8.8 diff. If not you will need one.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
i know where a 63 bird is being neglected :(

would be a sweet project

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Typical questions... What are your goals with the car? How much do you want to spend? Do you plan on building up your transmission or swapping in another?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Typical questions... What are your goals with the car? How much do you want to spend? Do you plan on building up your transmission or swapping in another?
I just want a project car and want more horsepower than a stock 4.6 can produce (staight engine). I am willing to spend about $7500. And more than likely swapping a tranny in.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts

·
Pedal Faster
2,658 Posts
Jasper has reman '98 Mark VIII spec motors for $3900 but they want a core.

·
Registered
414 Posts
How come that explorer 2007 brand new engine in the karkraft website is so cheap? it only costs 2500 bucks according to the ad there.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Some may argue 'Cheap" for 2,500 and it is a 3V which most people can't use.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Well for tbirds it may not serve a purpose, but for people who buy cars and fix them up it is a good deal especially since they charge that much for a reman engine. You would be surprised how many newer cars are up for sale at the rebuildables with blown engines and they have high mileage too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts