TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine acquired a 4.6 l motor brand new in the crate. It's never been installed. He ran the numbers and said its for a2000 or 2002 e-150 . He is trying to sell it . If it don't sell he will sell to me . Will this be a good candidate for a swap. I have my original motor in my car that it smokes and leaks oil real bad at the back of the motor not exactly sure. Not sure how ,any miles I got odometer stopped at 114k years ago. I was thinking this would be really good instead of pulling a motor from a jy.

·
Super Moderator
16,735 Posts
It's probably a Windsor but it will work. You need to grind the motor mount brackets a bit to clear the block as well as swap to the PI intake(E series uses the tall truck intake). Those also use 8 bolt cranks so you'll need a matching flexplate

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't have the tall intake it has the pi intake. If I get some numbers can you give me a better idea what it is. I don't think my friend really knows what it's for

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Count the number of bolts on the cam (valve) covers, and the number of bolts on the crank to flexplate, look for PI on the heads, what sort of oil pan does it have?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got to see a couple of pics of it. It has 6 bolts on the crank . The label on the crate says it a 5.4 but the motor is different it a 2002 4.6l for a crown Vic I gonna look at it in person tomarow . From the pics I have seen it has a pi intake a pi plenum turned to the right 11 bolts on cam cover. Oil fill on drivers side. Anything else I need to check.

·
Super Moderator
16,735 Posts
Sounds like a Romeo then. FWIW, oil fill location makes no difference when deciphering Romeo vs. Windsor since virtually every PI romeo uses the pass side oil fill. I actually find it odd the Crown Vic motor in question has driver side, they're opposite from the factory by 2002

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
For sheer bada$$ery, have the Teksid built. For the price, depending on what you're trying to do, the PI longblock might be the better choice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts