TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...i was watching " It Takes A Thief" on Discovery Channel, and the people put a protective film over the windows so they wont shatter, they took a baseball bat to it and it wouldnt shatter!, so my question is if you were to put this over you're car windows, would it do the same thing? it could serve as a theft preventitive!

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The fact that the car windows shatter like they do (minus the windshield), is for safety reasons. If it was just regular glass and not tempered, it wouldn't be as strong, and if it broke you might get a glassicle through the head. No fun.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Also, hopefully it never happens, but say you become submerged in water with your car, you gotta be able to bust something out to hopefully make it out. I also heard if that ever happens, go after a side window because of the above reason, the windsheild wont shatter.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Remember...if you want to break the side windows HIT A CORNER! If you hit it in the middle the glass can flex and whatever you hit it with can bouce off. I have learned this at work with both batons and flashlights...so hit the corner near the doorframe.

Obviously this won't work with the windshield because of the way it is made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts