TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever tried making an adapter plate to use a pi intake on a dohc engine?

Midrange power should be nice, but I'd say it dies about 3k rpm; anyone have any thoughts?

:crazy:

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,450 Posts
Okay, spill the beans...

What are you up to now? :idea:

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
the PI intake ports are too wide from bank-to-bank

Even if you could, the power curve would likely just shift downwards, effectively nullifying the gains of "extending the torque curve" for the HP gains. You'd basically get a standard PI engine in the process.

·
Super Moderator
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I could have sworn I posted a reply to this last night... I have been sicker than I thought, lol.

I've been thinking about all the different intakes; the hard part is a broad powerband that doesn't peak at extreme rpms.

After some (easy) research, what I want is a blower, lol. Hmmm; hooda thunkit? :) (maybe the "Carolina Contingent" was on the right track...)

I'm Quite sure 4 turbos would work fine, but... :)

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
I could have sworn I posted a reply to this last night... I have been sicker than I thought, lol.

I've been thinking about all the different intakes; the hard part is a broad powerband that doesn't peak at extreme rpms.

After some (easy) research, what I want is a blower, lol. Hmmm; hooda thunkit? :) (maybe the "Carolina Contingent" was on the right track...)

I'm Quite sure 4 turbos would work fine, but... :)
Drop your car off here, along with an open CC. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I forgot about this thread; I'd bet that would work GM. :)

If I hit the lottery, we'll do it.

I'll build a house out on a dry lake bed, and build cars all day. :)

Just think; in 10 more years, after they make sure we can't use them to print guns, we'll be able to print an intake, try it out, have the phone we're using plot out a performance curve after a bit of driving, and go back to the pit to make a new one. :)

And beating the old ones into reusable powder would keep us in shape, lol.

:D

·
Super Moderator
10,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If we can print it out of aluminum powder, it won't, lol.

If we can vary the section width enough, we can hold the cylinders together! :rofl:

I really think those o-rings were meant to slide under load; you'd think they would have chromed the inner piece...

Ford Corp Beancounters, I'm sure; wtf, lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts