1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
She's beautiful and in all reality, not too expensive!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
That looks like the same one that someone posted about several months ago. Wonder why it didnt sell?

Must be nice to have a "Florida car", seemingly a car you keep there for you when you vacation there in the winter.

Al

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
That's almost my car. Mine was one-owner, 80K miles. But mine has some of that rust from harsh Canadian winters and never being in a garage :-(

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 89-93 Sports had rear drum brakes, by this year they had rotors all around.

BUT I thought that the Sports during this year had the spoiler. My dad has a 97 sport and his has one. Just a thought...

It's beautiful car.

~Allan V

·
Registered
966 Posts

BUT I thought that the Sports during this year had the spoiler. My dad has a 97 sport and his has one. Just a thought...

It's beautiful car.

~Allan V
Actually IIRC, Some sports did not have spoilers. Dunno why, just didn't have the option. Now I though that all sports 94+, like you said, had discs all round.

·
Registered
623 Posts
sports had nothing to do with the spoilers. The sports only gave you suspension and brake upgrades along with the 16" wheels. if a sport has a spoiler it was just an add on in addition to the sport package.

O and the car seems to be very clean, hate the gold trim tho...there is a red bird here where i live and it has all gold trim as well. Go chrome or go home imo.

and the wheel directions are all messed up. :)

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
and there was no "sport" in 94-95, AFAIK the JJJJ springs and swaybars and 16 inch wheels, etc. where all SC and the V8 cars just had the 15" wheels....

Could a V8 car before 96 be ordered with 16 inch SC wheels?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Sport Option
(Reqs PEP 157A; Incls: 16" Cast Aluminum Wheels w/P225/60R16 BSW Tires; Larger Rear Stabilizer Bar; Rear Spoiler; Revised Springs, Shocks and Front Bushings; Larger Front Disc Brake Rotors.)
Spoiler was apart of the sport package.

http://autopedia.com/Ford/97_ThundOpt.html

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think we've been through all this before... My 96 TBird had the JJJJ sport springs and wheels, but had the smaller front brakes and no spolier.

Mitch

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm not saying theres not sports with out spoilers or sports without smaller front brakes . I'm just reading what the web site says the option was.

·
̇
3,702 Posts

~Allan V

The MN12 Thunderbird Sport option was available from 1991-1992....Then from 1996-1997..

The parts you got on a 1996-1997 MN12 Thunderbird with the Sport option varied from one Sport to the next..IMHO.. This was because Ford was using their remaining inventory of SuperCoupe parts on the Sport optioned Thunderbirds.. :zdunno: ..

When you bought a Sport optioned Thunderbird in 1991-1992.. You didn't get Ford's leftover parts..You got the Suspension package designated for a Sport optioned Thunderbird...Unless you special ordered your car..

Rayo...

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
The MN12 Thunderbird Sport option was available from 1991-1992....Then from 1996-1997..

The parts you got on a 1996-1997 MN12 Thunderbird with the Sport option varied from one Sport to the next..IMHO.. This was because Ford was using their remaining inventory of SuperCoupe parts on the Sport optioned Thunderbirds.. :zdunno: ..

When you bought a Sport optioned Thunderbird in 1991-1992.. You didn't get Ford's leftover parts..You got the Suspension package designated for a Sport optioned Thunderbird...Unless you special ordered your car..

Rayo...

Im not so sure, i know the wheels are the same style but they are still an entirely different wheel. the 96/97 16" had a center cap that exposed the lugs so there is no notch in the wheel to pop off the center cap. While on the earlier SC's with the 16" wheels, they had a center cap that had a bird logo in the center. So those wheels have a notch on the wheel itself to help remove the cap.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts