TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 93 tbird and just recently it starts to creek pretty loud when i turn the steering wheel either direction. i had most of the suspension redone about 4 years ago so depending on what it is i can get it replaced under warranty. also when i brake my car veers to the left. now ive changed the brakes and calipers twice already so could it possibly be the suspension causing it? thanks.

-David

·
Registered
186 Posts
My car creaked pretty loudly while turning when my lower control arm ball joints were on their way out. Did you do the work yourself? I would recommend looking at all your ball joints, and seeing if anything else is loose. There is a sticky about different items to check.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
I had both of those same problems. It turned out to be the control arm-to-frame bushing on the driver side. Sounded horrible when turning the wheel, and when you'd touch the brake, the car would pull that direction.

I ended up replacing the whole control arm. They sell Moog replacements at Advance pretty cheap that includes the control arm bushing, strut bushing, and lower ball joint. Just add a set of strut rod bushings while you're there and you'll be good to go.

Oh, and a realignment. :)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Driver's side LCA.

Brenda's Cougar did the same creaking, and pulled to the right under braking. Replaced the pass side lower control arm, and all was good!

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts