TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would work with my car off a police crown vic im already getting the alternator..suspension?? anything else??? the alt is the 200 amp any special tips on hooking that up???

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
someone did a write up on what you need to do you use it in a non police vic but no one has written it up how it goes into a bird. You can't use anything but the engine and trans anyway.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If your using a p71 (longtail) transmission then ull need to shorten your driveshaft.. Not worth it... Trust me.. Been there done that lol. Now I want another shorttail tranny lol

·
Registered
335 Posts
P71's do have an aluminum driveshaft, but I bet it'd need to be shortened for a Bird.

They also have an oil cooler that might be usable, but I'm sure some adaptation would need to be done and the benefits are probably marginal on a normally used 'bird.

Also, they had lower gears, but I don't think anything other than the ring and pinion could swap over to the IRS, and if you're going that far, might as well buy new and get the ratio you want.

Other than that, I doubt anything would be helpful. The P71's were built for longevity not performance.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
P71's do have an aluminum driveshaft, but I bet it'd need to be shortened for a Bird.
A 93 mark viii shaft bolts right in. Its aluminum to. By the time he bought one and had it shortened then balanced it would cost more money.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Depending on the year of the donor car, there are some useful bits, but generally, nothing is directly usable.

PI versus nPI, nPI aluminum versus nPI composite intake, 3.27 versus 3.55 gears.

If it is a 200 amp factory alternator, that means it is a Mitsubishi alternator with the OWC, I am not sure I have seen an upper alternator bracket for a 6G or Mitsubishi alternator and aluminum intake. Should have same connector as a 6G but be in a different spot, so wires might not be long enough. It also likely doesn't have an internal voltage regulator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts