TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i curious if there was or is a way to remove the cruise control cable. did the split port swap and the cable is short about a inch, its all the way extended, and it still reaches the TB but it pulls the throttle open just a little bit for a slightly high idle...is there a compatible cruise control cable or a way to delete the system. thanks

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
why not just make a plate that the cable connects to, and weld/solder an extention to the tb with a connector the same as the cc cable end?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why not just make a plate that the cable connects to, and weld/solder an extention to the tb with a connector the same as the cc cable end?
sounds complicated, but i could make a plate.. it just wont look as clean as id like it to look

·
Registered
64 Posts
you may take a look at the splitport aftermath post I have up, I have the same problem. Rod made a plate that looks pretty simple, and allows you to bolt on you original mount for the cable. However the length is still an issue. From what I understand you have to remove the quarter panel and re-route the cable, then it will reach with no problem.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you may take a look at the splitport aftermath post I have up, I have the same problem. Rod made a plate that looks pretty simple, and allows you to bolt on you original mount for the cable. However the length is still an issue. From what I understand you have to remove the quarter panel and re-route the cable, then it will reach with no problem.
intresting.. im thinking that ill probably fab up and racket for in untill i have a reason to pull the fender.. thats for the help... ill check out your post..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts