TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Two summers ago i unfortunately wrecked the front end of my 97 t-bird. The air bags went off and i had to replace them along with some body pieces on the front. Ever since the wreck the horn goes off constantly, I've had the fuse out though to prevent it from going off, and the cruise control hasn't worked. Since I'm going to have a 3 hour drive this week, I decided to try to fix the cruise control. I unhooked the horn and put the fuse back in thinking maybe the cruise control was connected with the horn, but that didn't fix the problem. I also checked all of the other fuses and they were all good. I've read online that it may be the clock spring. Does anyone have any suggestions or know how to fix this? Or is my best bet replacing the clock spring?

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,528 Posts
Yeah, I'd start by switching out the clock spring.

<begin unsolicited sales pitch>I've got the stock clock spring out of my 97 I'll sell if you're interested...</end unsolicited sales pitch>

:D

What part of Ohio? If you're nearby and need a hand I'd be more than happy to lend some aid.

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
The clock spring should be replaced any time the airbag blows, and both the horn and cruise control signals go through it, so that would be the first place to start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies and help guys. There ended up being a loose connection to the cruise control button so I fixed that and all was good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts