TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and read through all of the threads relating to cruise control and i did not find what i was looking for. I do not have cruise or a horn, all fuses check good. I do have the FR500 steering wheel with mustang cruise control buttons and horn contacts. I have already replaced the clockspring as well. Also If some one could load a scan of the cruise wiring diagram and pinpoint tests that would be great.

·
Registered
370 Posts
both in mine are dead as well. has your airbag been deployed? both mine worked fine before my wreck.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no cruise was fully operational until about three months after steering wheel swap. Air Bag circuit is complete and there are no lights on the dash.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
next time you have your airbag out would you mind posting the part numbers? I have no salvage yards in my area to rummage through. Do you think that if i ordered the horn contacts and cruise buttons for a 97 V6 that they would match up being the same year?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
My cruise control doesn't work because I don't have the correct speedo gear for my rear end. I can't get a 2.73 speedo gear :(

·
Super Moderator
16,986 Posts
next time you have your airbag out would you mind posting the part numbers? I have no salvage yards in my area to rummage through. Do you think that if i ordered the horn contacts and cruise buttons for a 97 V6 that they would match up being the same year?
I don't recall seeing any part #'s, but I'll remember to take a look next time I dig into it.

I think my bad harnesses were off 94/5's (except the non cruise harness I was using for a while, the horn worked fine from and was from a 95 gts). I would think that a 97 setup should work, but not 100% sure.

·
5,650 Posts
My cruise control doesn't work because I don't have the correct speedo gear for my rear end. I can't get a 2.73 speedo gear :(
Cruise control functionality has nothing to do with whether or not you have the correct speedo gear. The speedo gear only gives you the correct speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts