TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to give a HUGE cudos to TVA and the thousands of their employees for what they have been able to accomplish in just one week!!!

And a hearty thanks to those people that have come from all over the nation to help with the recovery.

Watch the videos to see exactly what they are up against!!

http://www.tva.gov/news/releases/aprjun11/storm.htm

:bowdown: :bowdown:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I am glad they got power on quicker than they said since we didn't get paid for the days work had no power - can't sacrifice corporate profits just because we had the largest natural disaster in state history.:(

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
I am glad they got power on quicker than they said since we didn't get paid for the days work had no power - can't sacrifice corporate profits just because we had the largest natural disaster in state history.:(
I know. That's ridiculous. Had it been a disaster in another area they'd have donated hundereds of thousands or even millions (Depending on the size of your company).

I wonder if they donated anything to the Haiti disaster or the Japan relief effort, etc. ?

But, Heaven forbid, they help their own employees out in a time of need.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I know. That's ridiculous. Had it been a disaster in another area they'd have donated hundereds of thousands or even millions (Depending on the size of your company).

I wonder if they donated anything to the Haiti disaster or the Japan relief effort, etc. ?

But, Heaven forbid, they help their own employees out in a time of need.
Don't even get me started. I did not even tell my wife and daughter they aren't paying us as they work for small outfits and got paid. They would have a hard time understanding a company the measures their profits in billions of dollars would not do the same. For us to get paid it would have to be approved by an executive who lives far away from here. The corporate word is thay are "large contributers to the Red Cross", so I guess that tax deductable donation is doing their part. I can not blame local management as they worked hard to account for everyone and would organize volunteer employee work parties for anyone needed help.

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful I fared much better than many. I only lost some shingles off my roof and a couple of trees down. Since they plan to furlough us at the end of the month, that just adds salt to the wounds.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I have an internship there this summer! Heard about the project will prob find out more about it. Can not wait to get started tho!
There are plenty of car shows in the summer time, so if you hang out here on the weekends vs. going back to TN there will be some things to do.

Rocket City Mustang all Ford show was this weekend. Cafe 302 next weekend. Hooters the next weekend.

This is a pretty good source on what is happening.
http://www.noalcarcalendar.9f.com/

There is a tab for shows and another for cruise ins.

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
Don't even get me started. I did not even tell my wife and daughter they aren't paying us as they work for small outfits and got paid. They would have a hard time understanding a company the measures their profits in billions of dollars would not do the same. For us to get paid it would have to be approved by an executive who lives far away from here. The corporate word is thay are "large contributers to the Red Cross", so I guess that tax deductable donation is doing their part. I can not blame local management as they worked hard to account for everyone and would organize volunteer employee work parties for anyone needed help.

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful I fared much better than many. I only lost some shingles off my roof and a couple of trees down. Since they plan to furlough us at the end of the month, that just adds salt to the wounds.
Sorry to hear about the furlough. At least local management is doing the best they can to help out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts