TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know - cup holders.:)

But seriously folks, I have a '90 Cougar LS - pre cup holder car. Is there a factory appearing fix for this dilemma? I guess what I am asking is this - is there a console from a later Cat or T-Bird that will bolt right in? Other options? (Flame away)

TIA,

Scott

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just realized that you said you had a cougar. Not sure if my previous post will still work or not. Sorry about that man.

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
Ah-ha! So that's what that thing looks like open! :D

·
Registered
855 Posts
Re: You can always make one...

where'd you get that sheet metal like material?.....(or is it really metal?)......i really like that.....if i can find it cheap i might add that to my bird.

<removes huge pictures> woopsie,.......that's better.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
I'll tell you if you edit my images from your post please.

It is called Aluminum Diamond Plate and cost's me $100 a sheet. Even after all this retardedness I still have some left.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
That blue N/A setup is no longer with us but was one of the strongest N/A MN12's out there.

The numbers for that seup were 254 RWHP and 300 RWTQ.

-Dr F.

And yes, I do the work myself unless it has to do with 1's and 0's.

·
Registered
43 Posts
No offense, but from the looks of things, you need to sort out your priorities. Not trying to be rude, but it seems like you can't decide if you want a track car, a stereo car or a show car. Pick one :D then stick with it ;)

BTW, having a fuel cell aft of the rear axle isn't the smartest thing in the world. You may be the safest driver known to man and still some dumbass can plow into you from behind. Then you are in the hospital's intensive care burn unit for weeks and scared for life all because you needed room for your amps.:(

·
Administrator
14,226 Posts
MyCarMods said:
BTW, having a fuel cell aft of the rear axle isn't the smartest thing in the world. You may be the safest driver known to man and still some dumbass can plow into you from behind. Then you are in the hospital's intensive care burn unit for weeks and scared for life all because you needed room for your amps.:(
That would require someone not only catching him, but having enough oomf left to cause an impact. ;)

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
No offense taken but get the facts striaght.

I can put a flame thrower to the fuel cell and nothing will happen even with the top open. Last I heard distilled water mixed with water wetter were not flamable (intercooler coolant res). If I was bulding "a track car" I would not have went with a Roots blower. I built MY car they way I wanted it to be built for the style of driving I do. The amp setup is temporary till I figure out what rear configuration I want to go with.

Got Boost?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
yea, i was just gonna say... those of us that have been around for a while have seen some colorful things going on with scott's cougar and maybe at time it could have been thought that he had mixed priorities. but with what he has been packing under the hood of that thing since day 1 there is no confusion that he wants to go fast and will do the things that most of us only dream about with these cars to make it happen. that intense N/A setup he used to have was downright nasty, and his newest setup is lightyears ahead of what most of us will ever accomplish on a 4.6

just some food for thought for anyone who criticizes him *cough*MyCarMods*cough*

·
Registered
43 Posts
Like I stated, I wasn't trying to be an *** ... I stand corrected on the fuel cell issue ... rear reseviour for the water/air intercooler is a great idea (weight balance, heat disipation during transfer, etc.). Again, I meant no offense and if it was taken that way, I offer my appologies!

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
It's all good.

The best part is it holds five gallons and you can fill it with Ice cold cooler water/ice before each run. Smoked a Cobra 2 nite and I wish I had a camera to take a picture of the guys face after he relized he got took by a old school Cougar with new school meat and potatoes.

-Scott

Biggie Pimpin'

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
biggie, one these days i wanna see that little ***** cat of yours.

·
8,239 Posts
Re: Dr. Frankencougie

I think that scott made a heatshield from a big plastic container of kitty litter (i'm not joking). I can't seem to find the pic, but it looks very functional, and it does not look like a kitty litter pail at all when it is in the car.

As for mycarmods, my message to you would be to get a clue :)

Justin

soop said:
Wicked set up Dr.

I know this began as a cupholders thread, but Dr. I noticed that you don't have a heat shield set up or is the photo dated? I thought that heat shields were a requirement to block all that heat that you are generating? I curious because I am looking into design ideas on this thread.

·
Overkill Fetish Freak
2,458 Posts
It's a Pedigree dog food bucket...

I bet you could make one out of a cat litter bucket but I don't know if it would be NHRA sanctioned. Use your imagination and do something different even if others don't like it. Some of my stuff is way overboard but to me it's all in good fun.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts