1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...On my car. Uh-oh.

Passenger side:

Driver side:

Ouch. Time to get under there with a pair of pliers and a hammer. Those vertical fins on the undercarriage did their job though, the brake lines are 100% untouched, the only damage apart from what you see in the pictures was a small scrape on one muffler and a small bulge in a tire:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I'm pretty sure the front of the car was airborne after it hit the curb and then when the front came down it was that far onto the curb. Came down with an almighty crash I'll tell you. And you can see it dented the passenger side floorpan.

·
Registered
623 Posts
That sucks, I guess it could have been worse though. I would watch that tire, the bulge isn't going to get any smaller. If a new tire(s) isn't in the budget I wouldn't pound any serious highway speeds until it is replaced.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I figure I got off pretty lucky for what happened. And I do have a set of 4 thunderbird stock rims with tires to put on if i need to.(I only have first gear and slipping second right now so freeway speeds are out of the question)

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
Daaang, that stinks. Looks like it could've been worse though.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
i did something similar once with one of those parking curbs. :( didn't see it and went forward to pull thru and BAM, SLAM, SCREECH, etc...

damage was not nearly as severe though. ouch.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Curb rash?! I don't think rash even begins to describe that. I hope you're able to get it all fixed. Curbs always freak me about a bit. Well, not freak me out, but make me nervous. Especially when riding while my father drives because he's not the most observant guy, he hit's curbs quite a bit, and he drives a Civic and a CR-V so he doesn't get to drive my car too much since it's a bit larger.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
With the metal scraped like that I gaurentee rust will form the minute water hits it. Definatly get some paint over that.
Thats funny because the water has been on it for 3 days now and theres still no rust forming. I do plan to fix it all up on a dry day, bend parts back, repaint etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts