TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought new front sway bar links. I noticed that the ones currently on my car are strait top to bottom. Well, the new ones are curved in the middle. I was curious if I was handed the wrong ones, or if it is a different design that this company (Name I believe is OE suspension) has. Any ideas?? I really think they are wrong but don't want to take things apart to find out.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I think I've seen a set of MOOG endlinks that had a light curce to them. As long as the ball joint to ball joint angle and distance between is the same, it should be fine.

VS

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Looks like it's easier for them to attach the ends to the bar at a 90 degree angle. So they bend the bar to get the final angles correct, whereas the originals are just attached to a straight bar at the correct angle.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
I have one side with curved ones and one side with straight. The curved ones are easier to get in, and fit better (flush) to the spindle. The other straight one I got seems to not sit flush to the spindle it stays out a small amount seems to be ok though.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I have four different looking 93+ endlinks, not including the original ones off my 97.

1 is straight and welded into the sides of the ball and sockets
1 is straight and welded onto the back of the ball and sockets
1 is curved and welded into the sides of the ball and sockets
1 is curved and welded onto the back of the ball and sockets

And to make it even worse, they all have a different finish. Gold, gloss black, satin black, and irredescent.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Lol. Yea I don't really like how the straight one I got doesn't fit flush to the spindle because the tapered part is big at the beginning of the screw and it won't fit all the way in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts