TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted last month about the FR500 replicas that I had mounted on my car. The one thing that bothered me about the wheels was the ugly "R" center caps that they came with. Unfortunately I could not find anything that fit to replace them, so I went about making my own.

Fresh out of the mill:

Painted and mounted:

The original faces were attached the snap in base by double sided tape so I simply removed the original faces. The new faces were made out of 7075 corrosion resistant marine grade aluminum. After cleaning the base or any double sided tape and adhesive left over, I used 2" circles of 3M VHB double sided tape (available from McMaster-Carr) to attach the new faces.

-Miller

·
Registered
139 Posts
Those are awesome, nice work.:headbang:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Nice work.I know Traveler is looking for some center cap for his wheels.You should make him some GT caps and make some $

·
Registered
348 Posts
Very nice job, looks great :)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Nice work.I know Traveler is looking for some center cap for his wheels.You should make him some GT caps and make some $
Thats true, I am looking for a set. I'd trade you a set of 2.5" cobra Caps for a set of 2.25" caps that fit my Superior Scoundrels. :D

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Don't know, but if you find out they use 2.5" I've got a set I'd love to sell so I can get the right size for my car!

Might ask Brad. ;)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Mine measured at 2.5.Yours are smaller????They are the same exact wheels.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I bought a set of 2.5" center caps on Ebay. They didn't fit. The clips were too small to grab anything, and the outer part was too large to fit in the hole. Kinda ticks me off. I sent an email to the seller asking if he'd be willing to exchange the 2.5" caps for a set of 2.25" caps. Haven't heard from him at all. Not even a "no".

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yeah i PM'd brad a while ago. He said he'd let me know, but he must be busy because he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Hmm. No one knows what a speed star center cap is?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts