TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone that can help me make a custom daul exhaust for my 97 tbird?

Im wanting to get read of the factory cats, and replace w/ downpipes. but my problem w/ that is that is there is no exhaust shop here in O'Fallon M.O. that will make me any custom downpipes bc its supposly aginist the law for them to put the cats in a different location other than stock.

Then after the downpipes, I wanted to go w/ 2 1/2in into a xpipe(in replace of the resonator) and duals the rest of the way out in 2 1/2 inch out to my 3inch SLP Loudmouth mufflers. I'd like to do it all in stainless steel if i could, but just depends on the price.

Is there anyone that could tell me were i could get that done?

I like the system that TRUE-Benz used to make, but they dont make it anymore.

I JUST WANT IT TO WERE IT SOUNDS GOOD AND LOUD.

Anyone?

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
I'd recommend House Springs Muffler, in House Springs, MO. It would be about an hour drive from you. They've done all of my exhaust work, and I haven't had a problem with them. ;)

However, since your 97 will need to pass emissions testing (96 and newer still have to go through emissions testing here), you'll need to run at least a pair of aftermarket catalytic converters.

-Rod

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
Also, if you're free this Wednesday evening, you should come by and meet our St. Louis crowd. We have some pretty quick MN12's here in St. Louis, and a really great group of people.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=104486

-Rod

1 - 3 of 3 Posts