TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have some test wheels being made as of TODAY in the below spec/style.

Terminator Series Centerline Rotary Forged 2pc custom wheel.

They will be a direct bolt on wheel. No need to change studs or lugnuts, etc...Still have to do some test fitting but I see little to no surprises. I am posting this up to gauge interest. The prices are the absolute best I can do, I only wish I could do better...I was looking at doing a WELD Racing wheel but they are impossible to work with...Not to mention the fact that you have to change your lug studs and lugnuts to run them...IMO this is a better option AND they are willing to get things MOVING as well...heh

Prices are speculated @
$280ea Rears
$250ea Fronts

15X4 FRONT 13lbs 1.65" backspace Polished 5-4.25 bolt pattern
15X8 REAR 17lbs 5.50" backspace Polished 5-4.25 bolt pattern

All input is welcome...:)

Cheers,

Brad

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Brad, I'm not in the market for them, for the guys who might be ... is the barrel on the 15x8" large enough to clear the 11.65" rear Cobra brakes? I know that some aftermarket 15" wheels do.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brad, I'm not in the market for them, for the guys who might be ... is the barrel on the 15x8" large enough to clear the 11.65" rear Cobra brakes? I know that some aftermarket 15" wheels do.

cheers
Ed N.
Good point ED.

I could not say for sure...Will have to wait for the test wheels to show up. Then we can explore from there I guess.

Brad

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Yea...I can get it done in a 15X4 if that is more desirable.
Thanks for the input..
Brad
yea the 4" is much better to put a 165r15 or mt front or d-10 tire on. the 6 is way to wide for a drag front.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
This combination seems to be the most sought for and desired so that is what I decided on. I am sure its not going to be the answer for everyone unfortunatley.

What makes the 16" drag wheel so appealing to you??

Brad
yea slicks are much more expensive for 16's and you dont get the big sidewall that the 15's have.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
This combination seems to be the most sought for and desired so that is what I decided on. I am sure its not going to be the answer for everyone unfortunatley.

What makes the 16" drag wheel so appealing to you??

Brad
The Mark VIII has 16" wheels.

I guess the real question is will the 15" wheels clear the brakes on the FN10 chassis?

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Mark VIII has 16" wheels.

I guess the real question is will the 15" wheels clear the brakes on the FN10 chassis?
I am pretty damn sure that the MarkVIII guys have been using Tbird 15X7 wheels for drag tires for quite some time now...??

Yea...I know that the mark uses a 16" wheel...haha...And that the brake clearance is a lil differant. Its not THAT differant though. I don't think fitment will be a problem at all, front or rear.

Brad

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Did you look into 6 inch BS for the rear? They fit fine on mine. If a problem, maybe 5.75? I hate to get the tire sticking out.

Here is 15x8 with 6 inch BS.

Those are 275/50/15 MT ET Drags

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts

cheers
Ed N.
If you get the grinder out,then the 15x8 Telstar will clear.I'm using your brackets with the rear cobra rotor,and I had to get happy with the grinder on the rear calipers to get it to work. I'm using a 15x8 with a 5.5" BS in the 5x4.5 pattern.
JL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts