TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
got a custom spoiler off ebay...wish they wouldve had better pics. The spoiler is too short and not sure if I like it. Opinions?

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/12505673003/player/829cc4f795" height="600" width="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
for some reason the link to pic isnt showing up on post

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
It's totally too short, but then again I don't like spoilers, period. :D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually just got done talking to them...they said it should be 57.75" long, this one is 54.5" long. They are sending the right one.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Even short, I don't think it looks bad...

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Ugly. Looks too small/out of place.
May as well but that thing on on the roof, above the rear window. :D

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
While we're looking at this pic, which years had light up trunk panels, and which years got reflectors?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
While we're looking at this pic, which years had light up trunk panels, and which years got reflectors?
89-91= reflectors, 92-97 = LEDs
Easiest way to tell is whether the lights connect over the top of the license plate or not. If they do, they're reflectors.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
With that spoiler not being much different than the OEM or dealer installed one, I personally would have gone that route.

I got a Taurus SHO lip spoiler, but they don't look as good on the Cougar as they do the Thunderbird. I also got an OEM spoiler with the third taillight, and a dealer installed 2 post no center light spoiler. I was all set to install on of them when I found this in the junk yard.

It is the right width, had the same curve as the trunk lid, so I bought it (they charge 25 bucks for spoilers, I think it is too much, but all the other stuff I get is reasonable/cheap).

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
lucky... i head out to the local UpullIt around lincoln and every spoiler is gone before anything else on all the cars....

plus the idiots drill out the trunk locks ruining the deck lid when if they brought a small battery and jumped the lid pop button they could get inside a lot easier >.>

some of the cars look like someone went at them with a sledge and chisel, usually knocking the pop rod down inside the trunk making it IMPOSSIBLE to get into the trunk >.> those are the spoilers that are still their, and/or broken

last one i found was on a cougar, and i had to go about my own hammer and chisel method since someone did indeed knock off the poprod and completely screwed the latch. finally just pried it open with a BF prybar and ended up twisting off one of the spoiler studs cracking the spoiler... the seals were leaking and everything was rusty as hell.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/12641494915/player/7262a31291" height="240" width="320" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

The right one

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Since this is a custom spoiler does anyone know which wire from the third brake light is which for hooking up brake light on spoiler?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You can buy it painted or just primed. I haven't drilled holes yet I just sat it up there to take picture

·
Registered
148 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts