TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of a clean custom intake for 97 4.6. I am looking for something like one of richardm's or is anything available aftermarket? I have been thinking of building my own with the help of the muffler shop that built my exhaust.
 

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
Joined
·
11,719 Posts
mikes97 said:
Does anyone have a picture of a clean custom intake for 97 4.6. I am looking for something like one of richardm's or is anything available aftermarket? I have been thinking of building my own with the help of the muffler shop that built my exhaust.
Not much of a market for one. The stock 96-97 intake is pretty damn good stock. Considering it's made of plastic, it might be a power LOSS to use a metal intake because plastic is a better insulator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Here is a pic of the ZR Motorsport Intake.
This one has one problem, It has been in development for about a year and is not yet available. It was almost ready for sale a couple times but they wanted to check/change things. You will have to email them for more info.


http://www.zrmotorsport.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Charlez said:
Here is a pic of the ZR Motorsport Intake.
This one has one problem, It has been in development for about a year and is not yet available. It was almost ready for sale a couple times but they wanted to check/change things. You will have to email them for more info.


http://www.zrmotorsport.com/
MAC also makes the same intake. Save your money, put it towards a J-Chip.

BTW, GreenBird, why did you delete the 3rd brake light?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's is a nice picture of an intake, but what good is it if they are not selling it????
I don't have the time or the patients to deal with companies that say they are going to make something for my car. either crap or get off the pot! In development for a year???? jeez it is only a big tube with some bends and a mount,..etc. I guess if it was for a Honda it would only take them a couple of days to figure out. I would be worried about dealing with them if it takes that long "develop" an intake tube!
I also agree with greenbird that the chrome is pointless, just another thing to try and keep spotless. i would perfer powdercoating.
 

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
Joined
·
11,719 Posts
WaLieN said:

MAC also makes the same intake. Save your money, put it towards a J-Chip.

BTW, GreenBird, why did you delete the 3rd brake light?
My bird has a LEd strip in the wing. thought it looked wierd to have two brake lights at almost the same level. Also. mine was melting due to the heat from the bulbs!
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top