TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a MAF sensor off a Mark VIII, I have a 95 4.6, but i want to change the intake to that of the 96-97, anybody got any advice on how to build the custom intake with the new MAF, and where i could get the parts for the 95 conversion to the 96-97 intake. I am also about to order a new Throttle body, any suggestions, 70 mm, 75mm??? I need a little help, I want to do this right, and not buy parts now, that i will later replace and end up wasting money. I have a new Cobra style hood on the way, so their should be clearence under the hood. Anyone who can help, PLEASE DO!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One other thing I forgot to ask, will I need a new chip with the new MAF? I have been looking at some, any suggestionswhere could I find them. BTW I have installed a MSD DIS 4 box on the car, will a chip interfere with the MSD box?

·
Registered
726 Posts
american thunder said:
I got a MAF sensor off a Mark VIII, I have a 95 4.6, but i want to change the intake to that of the 96-97, anybody got any advice on how to build the custom intake with the new MAF, and where i could get the parts for the 95 conversion to the 96-97 intake. I am also about to order a new Throttle body, any suggestions, 70 mm, 75mm??? I need a little help, I want to do this right, and not buy parts now, that i will later replace and end up wasting money. I have a new Cobra style hood on the way, so their should be clearence under the hood. Anyone who can help, PLEASE DO!!!!:confused:
One other thing I forgot to ask, will I need a new chip with the new MAF? I have been looking at some, any suggestionswhere could I find them. BTW I have installed a MSD DIS 4 box on the car, will a chip interfere with the MSD box?
Ok lets see... First off, why did you get a mark8 maf? What was the point? Unless it was free, you should try to return it, and get a '02 stang gt maf. MUCH better choice. Regardless of your maf choice, you will need a chip to run it properly. Chips, well, couple options. Dennis , pete, or dom. Don't know the last two's web addresses. All make the same chip. Or you can get a custom tune from "the man". A '96-'97 intake tube will not work, because the tb postition was changed from '95 to '96. And, i think, to change the position, you have to install a '96+ style intake manifold, maybe thats wrong. For the intake tube, several options. RichM tube, or you could use a civic tube found at most autozones with some dryer hose, or you could use just dryer hose, but that looks a wee bit tacky. Im not aware of any tb's for the '94-'95s but frpp ones might still work, but who cares? a bigger tb wont do jack unless you plan on getting pi heads or a sc, and if/when you are, just get it then, don't worry about it now. Msd box should be fine, just make sure to tell your chip maker about it.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Go with WB's advice......

and don't waste your money on a larger TB as long as your
engine's in the "slightly modified" catagory. If you
go with a power adder or PI heads and true duals,
well, that's another story.......

·
5w30 Guzzler
1,462 Posts
americanthunder was my name on the old style forums:p just hope no one gets us mixed up! haha, yeah right, like anyone even knows who i am.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Agreed a Tb is worthless without other mods. Also only a 70mm TB is worth putting on a STOCK manifold. If you have the TB Adapter bored out....well that's another story............

http://members.tccoa.com/stephenc/newintake.html

Regardless you wont see a HUGE difference unless you go forced induction or have head work done.
:)

·
Registered
803 Posts
American thunder,
I have a '96 intake manifold if you are interested. Also have TB for that year. Injectors and all too, Needs the upper intake elbow.
You will need different throttle linkage for that intake.

let me know if you want it, cheap even

[email protected]

rm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts