which plate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got the idea from jk89cat. im looking to change the plates on my expy when my project is finished. i will list some ideas. please vote on those, or choose "other" and make a suggestion. keep in mind, only 6 digits available in MA. im leaning towards option 2, but nothing set in stone.

·
Registered
493 Posts
John you may have to change you request cause here are the states guidelines to vanity plates
Vanity plates can be ordered for private passenger, commercial, motorcycle, livery, bus, camper or antique vehicles. All vanity plates must begin with two letters. The plate can be no more than six characters, or a maximum of five characters for motorcycle plates. Vanity plates cannot have letters and numbers intermixed. For example: "MY65MG."
Here is a link to the RMV http://www.mass.gov/rmv/vanity/index.htm

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i just noticed that. STUPID.

·
Administrator
8,009 Posts
I think you might have to change a few things.

BOOST, CYA, IMGONE and BLOWN aren't available.

I'll go with SC 54

Joe

·
Street Freekz
754 Posts
I picked other. My vote is for either:

GOTPWR (this is my favorite)
GOTNOS (if you decide to put a NOS system on it)

:D :D

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Can you check online which plates have been taken already? Or do you have to call them to check?

·
Administrator
8,009 Posts
Tx_Cat said:
Can you check online which plates have been taken already? Or do you have to call them to check?
Rodeo Joe said:
I think you might have to change a few things.

BOOST, CYA, IMGONE and BLOWN aren't available.
I checked! :tongue:

Joe

·
Registered
493 Posts
Rodeo Joe said:
I checked! :tongue:

Joe
I'm calling Tuesday for XR7

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
Scrp Me

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
wait wait wait..
All vanity plates must begin with two letters. Vanity plates cannot have letters and numbers intermixed.
So that means you can't have ANY numbers in your custom plate, since it has to start with letters, and you can't mix numbers with letters. Geez, what's the point of getting a custom plate if you can't make it custom.

edit: after playing around with it, it seems you can have XX## but not XX##XX.. that's stupid.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Rodeo Joe said:
Tell me about it! :mad:

Joe
The reason is that the state had ###### then XXX### then ###XXX I was told the want to keep that combination open for another series later down the road don't for get they have reserve and low number plates which are given out in a lottery in June every year.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think i am just going to leave it as is and suprise fellow motorists!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts