TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had to fab up some seat brackets??? I'm thinking I should try a local speed shop or a trusted restoration guy I know not too far from here.

·
Registered
635 Posts
What about the ones that CORBEAU USA makes?

THUNDERBIRD 83-86 D556T D557T
THUNDERBIRD (POWER) 83-86 D730NS D730NS
THUNDERBIRD 94-96 D1066T D1067T

I think they are $78.50

·
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard the brackets aren't worth the money. I know of a few guys with Mustangs that didn't even use the brackets after purchase. Plus the fact that I'm a little taller and I'd like to have everything mounting a little farther back. If anyone thinks different...let me know.

·
Registered
635 Posts
The ones my roommate got for his truck before it meet an untimely end worked out fine other than the fact the didn’t look that good. It’s just exposed metal. I’m sure if you can find some one to fab up something for you.

·
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm gonna start looking for shops to do the work once I figure out what to do with a seat bolt I snapped right at the threaded plate in the floor. I should be all the way through it soon....Hopefully I can redrill a larger stud in there and go down the road.....we'll see.

On the high side I got the front bolt swap completed today...A local Ford Tech buddy did the work for me...Already got compliments on the car and it has half the swap done and NO interior....That's promising!

·
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Papa John...are just the rails worth the money? I wanna make sure I order what I need/want with the new seats...Thanks for the reply!

I know they sell the sliders too...just don't know what(if anything) I should order with the seats.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Seat rails

I have Corbeau seats, rails and the adjusting sliders. They work great. They are very sturdy--good enough for autocross racing, therefore good enough for any type of driving you may do.

·
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm setting the car up so I can autocross as well. I'm workin on suspension and the interior this year and I'll be tackling the drivetrain(or parts of it) next year. I appreciate the heads up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts