TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 648 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay guys....I'm really tilting at windmills with this, but here goes......
(50 Sets sold, so far 8/5/03...) :D

Made by a very high quality manufacturer:

***PLEASE READ ADDITIONAL POST NEAR THE TOP OF PAGE 2......***

A set of four linear springs slightly stiffer than Sports with a .75-1.00" maximum drop...
for around $150.00 + shipping. Would any of you be interested?

Please don't "what if" the configuration or ask for a progressive design - their pogoing tendency
(yes even the really high quality ones) is unacceptable. Please don't ask for a larger drop....
the idea is to minimize the bottoming out tendency. I'm not interested in hearing how you have
a 4" drop and have never bottomed out - if that's your setup and experience, more power to you.....

The major problem with this deal is that we need to pre order 50 sets and I realize
the odds of that happening are pretty much slim to none. I just thought I'd get an
idea how many people would be seriously interested - in like putting up your
money immediately should that magic number be attained.....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Count me in! What would be the shock plan? Revalved Bilsteins, Tokicos, stockers ok? Sounds pretty good. :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Standard Bilsteins should work fine....if you want revalves that's cool,
but at $55.00 and warranty disappearance....I think I'd consider using
them as they come from the factory.....JMHO though......

·
Registered
20 Posts
Stiffer than sports would be great, and as little drop as possible would be really great, i'd be all over these in a heartbeat for $150.

to clarify, are you talking $150 for all 4 or for each pair?

Curt

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably 10-15% stiffer than Sports and yes, $150.00 for all four.... If we could
get enough orders this would be an easy, done deal.....too bad I sorta don't think
we can get enough orders.....But we can try....

·
Registered
263 Posts
MagerThom said:
Probably 10-15% stiffer than Sports and yes, $150.00 for all four.... If we could
get enough orders this would be an easy, done deal.....too bad I sorta don't think
Will the manufacturer produce them if we have less than fifty orders? If so, what's the lowest number he will go? And at what price?

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
MagerThom said:
Do you think he can do them for the 3.8 cars or will this be just for the V8s?

Joe

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'd be at least somewhat interested in these springs.

MagerThom said:
progressive design - their pogoing tendency
(yes even the really high quality ones) is unacceptable.
What exactly is this "pogoing tendency" you mentioned about progressives?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Zephyr said:
I'd be at least somewhat interested in these springs.

What exactly is this "pogoing tendency" you mentioned about progressives?
Under the right conditions progressives tend to allow at least some additional rebound cycles instead of just one.....looks like when you jump on a bumper to see
if the shocks are still good - and they aren't. :eek:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I would buy them for sure. These would be exactly what I want.

I sure hope this works out cuz I need these. I take it that only way they would consider making them is if we get 50 orders?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BlackTbird96 said:
I would buy them for sure. These would be exactly what I want.

I sure hope this works out cuz I need these. I take it that only way they would consider making them is if we get 50 orders?
I'm afraid so.....

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
Count me in for two sets to make the deal happen. I'd love a stiff spring that allows hard cornering and will still lower the car a touch. I'm in:)

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I might be in on that... I'm getting tired of scraping my car... a 1 inch drop would about half-way, and it always seems like i'm barely scraping.. I would love to have a ground effects kit, but i'm way too low for that here in WI

any clue how these would "feel" in comparison to the Eibachs?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Chris -

A bit stiffer..... w/o the pogo tendency.....

·
Illinois Chapter Director
1,787 Posts
The pogo is the feel when you encounter a large dip and the shocks don't do any damping at all. The front end just bounces on the road. Think about massive bump steer...Pogo=Bad

PS...I think it might be a GOOD idea to keep this thread cleaned up and for people who would order. All the questions will create quite a lot of junk for others to read through. Why not start another post for questions about springs. It doesn't belong here IMO.

·
CatBird Creator
165 Posts
Count me in.....exactly what i've been looking for!!

Kyle

1 - 20 of 648 Posts