TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im ready to throw in the towel on these stupid things. i have these eagle alloys that are polished, cant keep them clean or get them clean for that matter , theya re 2 years old, i ll post some pics over the weekend, i have tried every cleaner , brush and chemical known to man, i run ceramic pads on the front. i can get some on the crap off, but they are lightly pitted. any ideas on what to do with them? i was thinking about wetsanding them and possibly repolishing them , also have thought about flat out sanding them down and just painting them, oh these arent on my mn12s they are on my f150. any thoughts? eagle is useless.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Its you're truck so its your call, but if they are pitted its either going to be repolish or paint them. Paint will be easier but Polished will problaby look better.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im headed towards painting, similar to the color our factory ford wheels are. im worried about getting the suckers all nice and polished agian and then having the same issue in a few months

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
A sliver paint would be a good look. When I think of people painting wheels though I immediately think black or white which IMO normally looks like crap.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is what they look like

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was told about that stuff before and its not supposed to work on stuff thats pitted. its supposed to work very well though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts