TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how much it generally costs for true custom wheels? For example, I saw pics of a guy who had custom 20" Bullitt wheels...I wonder how bad it would be to have someone make 17" 93+ SC wheels?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
That is a very good idea. I am wondering about this also. I have always said that I would probably keep my sport wheels if I had them in 17x9 or 17x8.5 or somewhere around there. It would neat if someone could do it.

Russell

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, the only reason I want 17" or 18" wheels is so I can fit 13" front brakes. Otherwise I'd happily settle for a set of SC or Sport wheels, but 16" just ain't quite big enough...

I've also wished I could get a set of chrome IROC Z28 wheels in 17-18" with our backspacing. Damn F-Bodies have 0 offset while we require +39mm, and just bolting them on would make em look funny...

·
Registered
575 Posts
if you have to worry, or even think about the cost of custom wheels, then you cant afford them. there are a lot of billet companied out there that build nice stuff, colorado custom is the best i have ever seen. pretty much all billet companies have spawned from boyd. let me know if you want something special, i can help.
michael

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was expecting in the range of $1000-1500 per wheel. But since I have about $20 total, I wasn't too concerned. lol

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I wasn't expecting 1000-1500 a wheel for a 17 inch remake of the SC wheels. I definately would expect to see that for custom billet wheels though. I thought that it would be more expensive than regular relatively high production wheels, but not quite that expensive. I saw a guy that bought a set of custom made wheels (his design) from a high end wheel company and he only paid 4000 for the set. They were 19's and made of billet also. Anyway doesn't matter I guess it was a nice thought.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Baer has a 12" brake kit that uses the same PBR calipers. It should fit in the 16" wheel. I priced the caliper retainers to put my Cobra calipers on and they want friggin 174.00 each for them.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
George Davenport has a set of custom Boyd wheels. They must have cost him quite a bit, but then again so did chopping his car in half and putting it back together.

-Shawn

·
Registered
825 Posts
I also have a set of custom boyd wheels like george but neither of ours are one off's.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Tazer999 said:
I also have a set of custom boyd wheels like george but neither of ours are one off's.

ahhh ok

-Shawn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts