TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.....i need a good solution to a problem...im trying to work out these 2.5" turndowns in place of cut mufflers for under 50 bucks....so far its only been like 30ish....but....alot of work....and the driver sides pretty good......not half bad.....passanger side needs alottttt more work....but the main problem now is making the exhaust secure......it bounces around as im not using the rubber monunts....is ther a way to make it not bounce around as much.....can u buy hangers at certain lengths from some places?......i was thinkin about doing hangers on there....that would work really well...using the stock muffler rubber pieces....then i could also position the turndowns were i want them....any suggestions?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Go to a good muffler shop, they use hangers that are no more than steel bar arched at the top to fit in the stock hanger. You can buy them for about $10, then just stick them in the hangers and weld them to the pipes at the height you want. Then just grind off the excess! Jiggles solved.:D

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
a local muffler shop should take care of the welding and hanging of the tips for less than $50. you just bring the tips.

Frank

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there already on the car....i can save 50 bucks by mig welding them myself...so....i can do it....ill just go up to aberdeen muffler and see if those guys sell hangers for pretty cheap.....or.....maybe ill make my own.....someway.....im sure i can find scrap metal that works :D

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whats funny is that would almost work.....lol.....its ok you can rag on me i know im really poor....i can tell by the bills that come in that suck my not half bad paychecks away....you wait till summer youll all be jealous b/c my car wont be ghetto anymore! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts