TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of a temporary solution for my exhaust until i save up for a true dual setup. Has anybody heard a stock 91 5.0 with the 2 rear muflers cut off? Does it have a nice tone and roughly how loud is it compared to stock? I just cant stand only hearing my power steering pump when i accelerate

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
I have heard one 5.0 with no muffs before. It's quite a bit louder over stock and lots of drone (if you don't add tips to extend past the bumper). I personally don't like the sound of mufflers cut off. I did it to my car too see what it sounded like before I got my exhaust and it pops and crackles to much for me. Just doesn't have a nice 'tone'.

So if you just want it louder and don't really care about it sounding kind of raspy, crackly and popping then go for it. Otherwise wait to get a new exhaust system.

Another thing.... sounds descent at idle and at WOT but not so great under normal driving.

·
Registered
197 Posts
5.0_Mo said:
I was thinking of a temporary solution for my exhaust until i save up for a true dual setup. Has anybody heard a stock 91 5.0 with the 2 rear muflers cut off? Does it have a nice tone and roughly how loud is it compared to stock? I just cant stand only hearing my power steering pump when i accelerate
I made some Mp3's of my car's sound, I can post them for a little bit. It sounds real nice and hardly any drone. I cut off the mufflers and replaced them with 18" long 3" dia tips.

right click, save as:

http://v8quebec.com/steve/crappyfrominside.mp3
http://v8quebec.com/steve/hahaoopsmyfootslipped.mp3

·
Registered
694 Posts
Leave your resonator on and it will not drone near as much. People have diff opinions on droning. Some like it and some dont. I got tired of it during highway travel. I had my muffs cut off, removed resonator, and chrome tips out the back... droned like hell when driving... sounded nice at idle, not too bad at WOT. But sounds like crap when compared to my setup now.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i just realized something was done to mine, im still trying to figure it out, cause its awefully loud for stock. May have to make a sound clip tonight for you guys to see what im talking about.

·
Registered
850 Posts
NOOOOOOOO don't cut off you mufflers!!! When I did it I thought it was awesome for about a week, and then I realized it sounds like total shizz. On my car, it almost has a ricey sound to it.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts