TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has the pipe cut before the resognator where that is.. now i dont wanna dump a ton into this but should i cut the pipes where theres still 2 and would that sound better. ive noticed ill hafta cut them right before they go into 1 so i can still use the hanger then there will be a bit of a bend in the pipe tho

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one knows wat would sound better the 1 pipe after the y pipe or cuttign the pipes before the y pipe?

·
Registered
56 Posts
i would think there wouldnt be much more difference but probally better flow with duals i just cut mine to get my drive shaft in but i should have cut to make duals seeing as i need to make more room for my 5.4 then ill probally just run true duals all the way back id go for duals

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Well if you want that straight pipe sound, where every pop, roar and crackle the motor makes can be heard, just cut the third cat off. I left it just like that, no pipes after the front cats, it sounds awesome to me, all my friends like it too. But others may not like it and also there is a small chance that exhaust fumes could enter the cabin with the pipes under the car. You may want to run pipes out to the bumper if you do this.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats why i did but im think im gonan put cherry bombs there or somthign small the dump outs tilted towards the sides i could tell a huge diffrence between the 1 pipe and the 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts