TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup just into the other layer.....have nothing better to do but sit in the dinning room and not bleed on the carpet.

Funny thing is i work sheet metal for the last 3 years and have never hurt myself but i go help the wife in the kithen using the damn manolin or how ever u spell it and hurt myself.

I should of known better, i couldnt use the guard because of the funny shape of the cuccumber i should of just used a damn knife.

Ugh never going to the kitchen again.

·
Registered
652 Posts
LOL....i never go in the kitchen.... i let the wife handle all the knifes for everyone shake in my home..

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Ouch!.... :eek:

I usually just keep my wife's Knives sharp for her when they get dull..

The kitchen is like her domain..

I know when to stay out..

Like the outbuilding would be my domain..lol

You get props for trying to help in the kitchen though..

Are you sure she didn't cut you for touching her stuff in the kitchen?..j/k..lol

Rayo..

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Dude I did that kind of self slicing in 2002 and I learned to weld a knife close with out injury. I feel your pain though just remember to hold with your nails pointed down so you cant slice your tip off. I slice with a very sharp knife regularly and its better to dig into your nail than your fleshy tip let me tell you.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
LOL....i never go in the kitchen.... i let the wife handle all the knifes for everyone shake in my home..
Never go inthe kitchen?? But surely thats where the beer is???

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Yup just into the other layer.....have nothing better to do but sit in the dinning room and not bleed on the carpet.

Funny thing is i work sheet metal for the last 3 years and have never hurt myself but i go help the wife in the kithen using the damn manolin or how ever u spell it and hurt myself.

I should of known better, i couldnt use the guard because of the funny shape of the cuccumber i should of just used a damn knife.

Ugh never going to the kitchen again.
Did exactly this a year ago, potatoes. Found the little piece on a potato slice and put it back on my finger, straight no less. It stayed. I know have a halo on that finger. Still scared of the mandolin. Ring finger right. I think mine was little deeper and goodness did it bleed.

Finished cooking dinner too...

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I'm basically scared of those slicers too. I cut my finger real bad when I was young with a paring knife. To this day I still am nervous around super sharp knives and slicing devices ;)

·
3,868 Posts
I'm basically scared of those slicers too. I cut my finger real bad when I was young with a paring knife. To this day I still am nervous around super sharp knives and slicing devices ;)
I got myself on a meat slicer a couple times real bad. But I work around those and I cant get scared but then I dont get brave either. Nothing like a freshly sharpened serrated chef knife it cut anything and anyone like its butter... except for a coconut.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did exactly this a year ago, potatoes. Found the little piece on a potato slice and put it back on my finger, straight no less. It stayed. I know have a halo on that finger. Still scared of the mandolin. Ring finger right. I think mine was little deeper and goodness did it bleed.

Finished cooking dinner too...

Haha it was my right ring finger too. It was deep enough that when i applied direct pressure i saw the fatty layer popping out of the cut, its healing nice though.

Didnt go to the Doc's i just switched jobs and between insurences so of course it happened now. I work Sheet Metal for the Air Guard as a full timer and had to Buck rivets all day the morning after....let me tell you i knew i was alive by the throbbing.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Haha it was my right ring finger too. It was deep enough that when i applied direct pressure i saw the fatty layer popping out of the cut, its healing nice though.

Didnt go to the Doc's i just switched jobs and between insurences so of course it happened now. I work Sheet Metal for the Air Guard as a full timer and had to Buck rivets all day the morning after....let me tell you i knew i was alive by the throbbing.
Oh man I know. So you lost the slice?

I like to put pressure on my finger now and it kinda bulges there. Freaks the kids out.

·
3,868 Posts
almost two weeks passed, and still I see no gore. Pics or GTFO :)
Ive done it to myself so I dont need to see someones ugly finger tip. The only thing worse that slicing yourslf with a sharp knife is gashing yourself with said sharp knife. I dont whats worse the knife accidents Ive had in the kitchen or the slicing and dicing the underside of a car does to my arms and hands. I should have showed you the blood filled bucket from one accident but my hands where shaking too much from the pain to snap a pic of that.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
I had my left index finger tip slammed in a door about 10 years ago. Took two months to grow a ugly nail back. The whole top-tip was ripped in half almost down to the bone, blood everywhere. The only person screaming was my Mom, I was pretty claim about it. Wooooow cool....haha.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its actually healed surprisingly well, it seems keeping a wound wet (not letting it scab at first) really doest increase heal rate.

Within 4 days id say all the meat was back and now it look very un-impressive wound.

Still a bit of nerve damage but looks nothing like it did just a week ago.

·
Super Moderator
16,821 Posts
I got the tip of my thumb cut off like that from my cobra caliper piston @100 PSI during their rebuild. Broke the nail and cut/squashed through from there. it basically left the mangled tip hanging. I didn't feel a thing until maybe an hour later, though I got dizzy when I ran to the sink.

Running water definitely helped, I probably rinced it for a half hour and held pressure on it with my index finger for the next few days. The next few weeks were interesting though, as the meat/skin grew back under the damaged tissue. Now it's unnoticable.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
I had my left index finger tip slammed in a door about 10 years ago. Took two months to grow a ugly nail back. The whole top-tip was ripped in half almost down to the bone, blood everywhere. The only person screaming was my Mom, I was pretty claim about it. Wooooow cool....haha.

I did the same thing about 5 yrs ago. Two months sounds about right for my nail too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts