TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
This is what you will get.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGu7xtTEhSQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LGu7xtTEhSQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,607 Posts
on a 94/5 i'd leave the resonator on to keep the drone down a bit...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c6dHzPLwdiY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c6dHzPLwdiY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
smoothed and filled red pearl 94
631 Posts
w or w/o

was that with or without the resonator? still have all three cats? sounds good.

-John

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
I highly suggest u not do it unless u want when u get on the highway to sound like u have a swarm of bees after u. It sounds fine at idle and some revving but at high rpm imo its horrible. Save your money and get a true dual setup

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i cut it off and personally i love the way it sounds. to each his own. i will say im not done with it because i want to get that mustang GT sound to it.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
between 1500-1900/2000 rpm the drone is unbearable. I had mine rewelded back on. I do alot of highway driving though, to each his own.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
drone doesnt bother me at all. like i said i actually like it because i cant actually hear it now
i do plan on getting a good after market exhaust preferably one that will make it sound identical to a GT.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
drone doesnt bother me at all. like i said i actually like it because i cant actually hear it now
i do plan on getting a good after market exhaust preferably one that will make it sound identical to a GT.
well why your saying that im curious on what way u r planning on going??? or do u have a sound clip of a specific sound u want?? because im pretty sure the way the pipes bend ect u wont get it exactly the same the sound is going to be different

·
Registered
33 Posts
it wont sound like a GT because our cars dont use an X pipe

unles you plan on doing a complete exhaust from the headers back it wont sound the same

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
its not the x pipe that makes the gt sound(gt's use an H pipe btw;)) its the length and angles of the pipes and the muffler/cat location that makes the difference.
exactly ;) you can come close but will never get that sound, the best sounding i think though is the cobras i can hear one take off and know exactly what it is without seeing it they each have their own distinct sound

·
Registered
33 Posts
most aftermarket "mustang" intermediate pipes are x pipes for performance.
and the "mustang" sound is that of a mustang with an off road x pipe and a sett of flowmaster mufflers

and unless your talking about a stock GT which i may be mistaken and im sorry if you were

but regardless it wont sound the same

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well around here most guys just run flows on the GT's if identical sound is our of the question the on well but i could get close couldnt i?

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
u can maybe get it close but not identical but u are going to have to run true duals for starters but like we said its all on the angles and the placement of the pipes that makes the unique sound of a mustang.

·
Banned
377 Posts
arent the mustangs cam'd differently?...this will also effect exhaust sound between the two.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
no the cam isnt going to affect the way it sounds its just affects the way it runs PI cams are on the newer 4.6gts not the 3v ones and theres plenty of guy on here with those cams. So to answer your question no lol now u get a nice lopey cam ya its going to sound better from just the idle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts