TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking in my 97 4.6L for yet another exhaust mod =) I dont really want the third cat there anymore, is it illegal to even MESS with the cats, or is it legal (meaning will the shop do it?) to just remove the 3rd cat while leaving the other 2 primaries intact.. ?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
dipstick are you going to US41 on saturday??? Total Performance has rented US41 for a TnT im going for a few hours, i have to work at 11 so i just wanna get some runs in to see what this thing can do.

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah sure, could you help me diagnose my problem? the car shakes in idle and it feels like a misfire... just rplaced the mounts too... I can go though... Pm me so i dont forget?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
damn it keith, i am working then i have to help my sis into her apartment.
If there are any more meets and stuff, can you let me know a week before? thanks

·
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey keith, have you ever been as far south on Cal ave as you can get? well it ends in dyer, and thats where I live... I guess I will go, I hope nothing breaks and I should change my tranny fluid and my Oil too. I hate this problem though... I hope I dont have a high ET... ATLEAST low 15's... Are you good with shakes and engine problems? I would like to hear what you have to say about it =P

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
im guessing were going to take the *** backward long way down indy blvd (41) instead of 394 like i normally do, if you want call me sat morning like 730ish, thats what time were meeting/leaving i can then tell you what way we will be taking. if i have anything to say about it, were taking the 3 mile ride over to 394 and takin that way cause its faster.

ohh 708.267.5135

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
I thought it was legal as long as you have cats catching exhaust from both sides of the pipes (one cat in the middle or two on the downtubes.
-Thomas

·
Registered
946 Posts
AnthraxBird said:
I'm taking in my 97 4.6L for yet another exhaust mod =) I dont really want the third cat there anymore, is it illegal to even MESS with the cats, or is it legal (meaning will the shop do it?) to just remove the 3rd cat while leaving the other 2 primaries intact.. ?
I would recommend dumps :)

·
Registered
488 Posts
It is lillegal to have a setup other than the one from the factory, even if highflow cats are on the car you can get busted if thye are anal about it

Josh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts