TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How strong are the joints on our cars? The Vette has always had u-joints, why did Ford use cv joints for out cars? Does the Cobra use CV or U-joints?

The ?'s are meant for the axles that go from the differential to the wheels, not from the transmission to the axle.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
From what I can gather, ours are strong. There are some high-torque/hp guys on this board that are still running the stock axles. I think only a few have upgraded to the Raxels. If you aren't pushing some serious HP, then I wouldn't waste my money on upgrading them, unless they are shot. Spend you're $ elsewhere. Just my .02

Jay

·
The Parts Guy
7,360 Posts
The V6 ones are pretty weak.

That's what happened when I went to WOT from a stand still in my 94 LX. I haven't broken any SC halfshafts yet.

-Rod

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
In my opinion they aren't very strong for pulling. One 20 mile pull of my 3500 lb boat/trailer and my stockers started clunking again when putting it into reverse. One of my original joints was pretty much toast when the Dr. pulled them off. Now I have Raxles and pulled the boat in the mountains this time with no clunking at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts