TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom just called and informed me my dad was keep overnight for chest pain. Long story short boils down to a lot of maybes and could be but nothing definitive. May have been heart attack they don't think, stroke they couldn't really tell or issue with is diaphragm or just having thrown up form migraine.

Just reminds me he's not as young/health as he used to be....

·
Super Moderator
11,903 Posts
Sorry to hear. I'm sure the docs will get it sorted out.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Sorry to hear as well, I know very well about the ( migraine) thing , I have to be took to the ER for a shot when I have one of them . Funny thing is now that I am retired from numbers running thru my mine all the time , No were hear as bad .

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked to him today, says he's filling better, not real good but better.

Between existing issues and 23yrs in the Army its hard to tell what's what.

·
̇
3,702 Posts
Talked to him today, says he's filling better, not real good but better.

Between existing issues and 23yrs in the Army its hard to tell what's what.
Sometimes it's hard when life smacks you in the face, and gives you a reality check..

I hope your dad starts feeling better, and pulls through this illness..Whatever it is..

I don't know how close you, and your dad are..The best advice I can give you though is..

If you have the opportunity to spend extra time with your loved ones as they get older..Do it..

Unless you're completely dependent on them..It makes things easier to deal with after they're not around anymore..

That's life..We all get old..

Rayo..

·
Super Moderator
10,374 Posts
If you have the opportunity to spend extra time with your loved ones as they get older..Do it..

Unless you're completely dependent on them..It makes things easier to deal with after they're not around anymore..

That's life..We all get old..

Rayo..
I totally agree; this is the advice I give as well.

I've watched my parents go, as well as their siblings; many friends and their parents...

The only thing you will regret after they're gone is what you Didn't say, believe me.

Also a biggie, Something you really need to do while your family is still able:

Sit down and go thru family photos.

Have a Family Gathering weekend, and get your parents, grandparents, et. al. to go thru together all the family albums and identify everyone in the family photos, while younger members of the family record the room from multiple angles and writes down the info.

You will really, really appreciate this later. :) You may not care now, but 20 years from now, you will. :(

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking that too, just we're ~8hrs apart.
Guess I know what were doing for vacation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts