TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of you heard me say how my dad might give me his 94 cougar and all. Well I just found out today that he wrecked it last week (I don't talk to him much). It was last tuesday when it was all snowy and icey up here. He was stopped at a light with a LS in front of him when some car slammed into the back of him going 20mph which then made him slide and slam into the LS. It was really icey so it couldn't really be avoided on my dads part. So the front and rear of the car has pretty bad damage but will be repairable. It is getting fixed tomorrow. I have no clue why it took so long to get it fixed. My dad is ok but a bit sore... no air bags went off, he wasn't wearing his seatbelt either. He hit his head on the side window I guess. So anyways I doubt I'll be getting his car anytime soon now. But just glad he is ok!

At least he gets a bunch of new parts...hehe

:)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
That sux. I keep prayin my car will make it for another 3 months. Its not lookin good with my current oil drain situation, as well as my bro drivin it for deliveries. O yea... dont forget salt/snow and the newfound accelation "jiggle"

·
Registered
935 Posts
I almost ended up getting hit today due to my icy driveway. I just kept sliding and well the nose pop'd out into the highway. Thank god the guy in the monte carlo was playing heads up! Scared the crap out of me, that's for sure.

As for my cars problems...well a motor mount must be broke due to the signs I'm seeing and it's leaking power steering fluid big time...Oh what fun it is to drive a t-bird in the snow....

-Tim

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Sorry to hear about the crash up and the damage to the car.

However, there is a GREAT way to keep people from rear ending you at intersections, or keep from smacking the guy ahead of you if somebody does manage to get you.

Simply leave several lengths of space behind the vehicle ahead, and close that gap as traffic accumulates behind.

IF a car comes up too fast and might hit you, move up, giving that person more room to slow, or it gives you space to turn out and let him hit the guy in front :D!

Sounds like a load of crap, but I use this technique at all times, and it's saved my *** before. That, and if you don't have anybody in front - that space allows for speed buildup before you even get into the intersection once the light turns :).

Drive safe guys,

KV.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
MercCougarXR7 said:
Sorry to hear about the crash up and the damage to the car.

However, there is a GREAT way to keep people from rear ending you at intersections, or keep from smacking the guy ahead of you if somebody does manage to get you.

Simply leave several lengths of space behind the vehicle ahead, and close that gap as traffic accumulates behind.

IF a car comes up too fast and might hit you, move up, giving that person more room to slow, or it gives you space to turn out and let him hit the guy in front :D!

Sounds like a load of crap, but I use this technique at all times, and it's saved my *** before. That, and if you don't have anybody in front - that space allows for speed buildup before you even get into the intersection once the light turns :).

Drive safe guys,

KV.
True but you can't stop the car from sliding forward on ice. He was over a car length away and still slid up and hit the LS. It wasn't real hard or anything and most of the damage is in the rear. My dad didn't even notice the car coming up from behind so he had no chance of getting out of it. The street was pure ice. It was nasty that tuesday! It was rush hour (in the morning), so LOTS of traffic and peope rushing to get to work. When I talked to my dad, he said it was an older oldsmobile. A real big one like in the early 80's. Oh yea and it turns out the guy wasn't from Cleveland and wasn't used to the weather...

I hate ice!!! ..LOL

:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts