TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No i'm not crazy enough to buy one,.....but today something did come to mind. Why are their sales so poor? Around here in NJ there's specials advertised for every daewoo dealer around that for:

$212 / mo. you get a new Daewoo, and for the special promotion, you get a second one FREE. They say come in w/ $212 and another driver because of their buy one get one free deal.

There's got to be something seriously wrong w/ this picture. lol. I mean the cars can't be THAT utterly bad.....or can they? hehe. Wonder why their in the hole versus Hyundai and KIA.......hmmm.........just random thoughts here,....thought it was interesting.

(if only they had Ford GT's buy one get one free :tongue: )

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
94birdnj said:
No i'm not crazy enough to buy one,.....but today something did come to mind. Why are their sales so poor? Around here in NJ there's specials advertised for every daewoo dealer around that for:

$212 / mo. you get a new Daewoo, and for the special promotion, you get a second one FREE. They say come in w/ $212 and another driver because of their buy one get one free deal.

There's got to be something seriously wrong w/ this picture. lol. I mean the cars can't be THAT utterly bad.....or can they? hehe. Wonder why their in the hole versus Hyundai and KIA.......hmmm.........just random thoughts here,....thought it was interesting.

(if only they had Ford GT's buy one get one free :tongue: )
I had a daewoo TV when i was like 14....yeah....they make TV's too...it stopped changing channels (though the number in the corner would change)....and would have intermittent audio....owned the TV since new for 4 years..then it did the above crap..and I tossed it.

GM bought Daewoo out. However, they're gonna kill the cars here in America. What they WANT to do is sell Daewoo cars in Asia (China especially) with Chevrolet badges on them, so they can get a foothold in the market. They also want to introduce more cars over in the east, and since they own the Daewoo factories, they now have the facilities already there.

Maybe the buy one, get one free is due to the fact they're trying to ditch the things. They're probably decent little cars....BASIC transportation is the word to use here.....but why have basic transportation when you can have basic transportation, a V8, and RWD, and comfortably seat 4? *ahem*

·
Registered
137 Posts
my friend has a daewoo
and its not bad at all hasnt broken down on him in like over a year at all
all riced out:p

·
Registered
529 Posts
DAEWOO makes alot of stuff..coputers, appliances, cars even guns and they are trying to sell almost all of it off. I am guessing bankruptcy.

·
Registered
801 Posts
hehehehe i had a daewoo car amp, never did know how many watts it was.

CamellionCat

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
Those cars are real popular on the South American market because they are so cheap. If you go to South America, most cars you will see will be made by Daewoo. There is really nothing to them.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
daewoo sounds like something you excrete after eating chinease food...

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
ahh....

it's the all new Garbanza from Daewoo!
:woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo: :woowoo:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Daewoo Junk what?

Yea, I think that if Daewoo ever got sponsored for racing they would be sponsored by Pepsi. First either company is doing well and second these cars will fold up like a pop can! I've seen crash results from these cars and it is actually scarry !! The whole car is a crumple zone. In a head on, the firewall comes in on top of your feet and breakes your legs and the door frame (supposed to be one of the strong parts of a car) crushes right in and will make ground beef out of you. That is after the steering column busts loose and crushes you into the seat. The other compact cars did rather well in the same test that I saw, not nearly as bad. Most you could almost walk out of. I'd feel safer on a crotch rocket !

Gotta love disposable cars ! what next ?

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
Re: Daewoo Junk what?

Kreenen said:
Yea, I think that if Daewoo ever got sponsored for racing they would be sponsored by Pepsi. First either company is doing well and second these cars will fold up like a pop can! I've seen crash results from these cars and it is actually scarry !! The whole car is a crumple zone. In a head on, the firewall comes in on top of your feet and breakes your legs and the door frame (supposed to be one of the strong parts of a car) crushes right in and will make ground beef out of you. That is after the steering column busts loose and crushes you into the seat. The other compact cars did rather well in the same test that I saw, not nearly as bad. Most you could almost walk out of. I'd feel safer on a crotch rocket !

Gotta love disposable cars ! what next ?
man you just re-lived drivers education for me....

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had a daewoo as a rental from budget, I didn't want it but it was all they had left. I have never driven a bigger piece of garbage. NEVER AGAIN. If they tell me it's all they have I'll go somewhere else...Or walk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts