TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my heat is screwed, and it's cold outside, help?

When I first start the car it takes forever for the heat to warm up. Once it does it doesn't necessarily stay hot. It can go from hot to cold, cold to hot, and more often than not, just stay at tepid.

Here's the second problem that's related. My temp. gauge recently has decided to become alive. Beforehand it would simply go a little past the C line when it was warmed up and would stay there. Now it will come to that point, stay there for a bit, then rapidly move to the middle mark (with our motors that's scary), then just as quickly move back down to it's regular resting point. It will do that two-three times within say the first half hour that the car is running, after that it won't move from it's regular spot. I say that it's related to the heat issue because quite often after it does it's little move thing, the heat will either work or blow cold air, the opposite of whatever it was doing before.

Thermostat is new so I guess that's ruled out (ughhhh....), and coolant level is correct

·
Administrator
8,244 Posts
Let me ask you this. How long ago did you change the thermostat? Did you have heat before you changed it? You might need to bleed air out of the cooling system. Check at the top of the forums list, there's an excellent article there on what needs to be done.

Joe

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
It is most likely air in your system. Check you coolant level too first. There is also a possibility that the thermostat is bad even though it's new. But I would suspect something else first.

PJ

·
Registered
218 Posts
You definitely have air in your system. Top it off and bleed it out like the others said. Post back if that doesn't fix it or if the symptoms come back.

-Carlo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts