TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every morning and night there is at least one 4 or 5 car pile up no matter what. you can go 80MPH down 635 and still have asses passing at 100MPH with cars all over.

insurance must be a ***** here. got hit the 2 week I was here by a ***** in a parking lot who backed into me. minor damage but it almost made me sell the bird.

now I am just going to have the ***** fix it and keep modding.

that is if I make it the 10 more days I have left here to work on business. been here since Nov. running a business.

just felt like rambling about the bad drivers....

good night all,

Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gee...I would like to disagree with you and say that we have nothing but safe ,couteous drivers who are always looking out.....BUT that would be a bold faced lie.
However,I do alot of driving in my job,and without preaching,my attitude is drive like everybody is a a-hole,anticipate that more then likely they are plugged into the cell,or applying makeup,or whatever they do.And the last thing on their mind is you,or for that matter anybody else.
And I feel safe in saying that Dallas isnt alone with moronic,self absorbed drivers.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Boy oh boy,

my hand almost never leaves the high beam flasher when I drive to school and back. You DO have to anticipate that there is a dumb**s behind the wheel of the car next to you. If I don't flash at him/her, he/she will be cruising on top of my lane and thinking that it's ok. However, once I do let them know I'm here and passing, they kinda wake up and jerk the car back into their lane. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not an offensive driver. If I feel like going no faster than 10 over the limit, I get out of the left lane! I always let faster cars pass, no matter which lane I'm in. If anyone has ever driven on the Belt Pkwy/Southern State Pkwy in Long Island, you know what I mean when I say that you HAVE TO stay in lane. I just try to find a pack of cars that's consistent and is moving along steady. I mean, driving together and aware of each other. I love to join in and stay with the pack. That way there is no worries that the driver 3 feet to the right from you while going 70 mph will run you off the road when a curve comes along. And there are plenty of those on the Belt Pkwy/Southern State Pkwy. Everyone in the pack realizes that there is a competent driver next to them who is paying attention to the road. Ahhh, what a good feeling.

Oh, and while on the subject. I used to discriminate looking at the cars. I mean I saw a black maxima going 60 in the left lane. That's fine, the limit is 50. I figured it was a young fella or a middle aged person. When I went to pass the guy, he started drifting onto my lane. I hokned and flashed briefly to let the guy know I'm here. No response. By now, I'm closing in fast! I slam on the horn and keep flashing! I end up having to get into the right lane to pass this idiot. As I pass, I see and old old guy, slumped over to the right who is barely holding on to the steering wheel!
From that day on, the lesson was learned. No matter what kind of car it is, expect them to do the unexpected. sorry for rambling...

Jim

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
just be glad you dont live in detroit... around here redlights, stops signs, cops with lights on... they are all optional. well.. not really, but everyone acts like they are. and thinkign we get enough snow and ice a year for peopel to know how to drive on it.... well, they dont. my dad is probably one of the best drivers out there.. hes never had an AT FAULT accident. in 3 different gmc 3500 vans hes been hit. one inthe ghetto at 11 pm by car running a stop sign, hitting the rear quarter and sending the van into a 360 (that was scary as hell...) with out flipping. we were doing 40 or so at the time too, and that guy got a away with absolutely no frontend.. couldnt have gotten far without his healdights and radiator... another time was last winter someone spunout ont he freeway and hit the same part of the rear quarter on a different van and the guy some how managed to keep going! then just a couple weeks ago, my dad is driving to a job at wayne state.. hes on a 4 lane one way street in the far left lane.. then this woman in a jimmy decides to take a left turn from the lane to the right of my dad when he is right next to her.... needless to say she got messed up.. my dad has minimal damage. but my om on the otherhand.. shed do something like that woman who cut infront of my dad just the other week... :leftright: the drivers here are terrible... dont even get me started on peopel during rush hour.... -greg

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ha ha ha.....that's funny, if It had been you I would have maybe sped up.
I never see anyone doing the Bird justice so it would have been nice to see although I wouldn't recomend it.

10mph increase for bad road conditions....good one

on the other side of the table , i have seen 4 or 5 idiots nearly get creamed pulling on front of 18 wheelers.

can't waite to get out of here!

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts