TCCoA Forums banner

241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
It was pretty fun, but the rain made of a mess of it all. Clear skies would have made it awesome.

Pete

·
Super Moderator
4,923 Posts
Howdy!

Recently, a lady in a 1999 Explorer tried to turn left in front of my wife driving our 1991 Cougar XR7.

No, the wife wasn't hurt much, she was doing 15, and the Explorer stopped just about four inches into the line of travel.

What THIS means is, GEICO is paying for me to replace the hood, fender, header, and possibly the front bumper on my Cougar.

I've found all but the bumper and hood in red here in Shreveport/Bossier.

I was wondering if anyone a) had a red Cougar hood (preferably Electric Currant Red, the red for 1991), or b) knew of a pick/n/pull / u-pull-it type yard locally to you that had one.

To go with that, ideally a 1991 or 1992 XR-7 red front bumper (trim is body color, not chrome, and ideally it'd have cornering lamps, bezel in body color.)

And if either, if I drove down, could I get assistance in swapping hoods? (If not, I drive down in the truck, which doesn't get as good gas mileage, drats.)

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Been a long time since someone posted in this thread!

·
Registered
799 Posts
I just moved to Ft Worth from SW WI. Anything going on in this area (meets, cruises, etc....)?

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Haven't heard anything on meets or cruises in a long, long time.

Pete

·
Registered
799 Posts
How about any generic Ford and / or Mustang clubs in the Ft Worth area?

·
Registered
799 Posts
Wow, both Pete and Rob have been on this site as long as I have......2002.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I don't get up to dfw much. It's like 80 miles from me. I'm basically in Waco. Last time was when I went junkyarding in kennedale like 9 months ago. I have been on Tccoa since late 99, early 00 when I got my first mn12, a 92 cougar ls. Man, time flies! Now, I have so many projects I don't know how I'll have time to do them all.

Anything happening in tx anymore?

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
Oh wow. Tell Josh I said Hi. He's up in Frisco (North side of DFW)

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
Best wishes to all in North Dallas after that tornado rolled through there last night. Hope you guys are well.

I sent sik97bird a text this morning. I'll let you guys know what I hear from him.

·
Super Moderator
12,021 Posts
He wrote me back that he's ok. Only lost one tree in the front yard. He sent me this Doppler screen shot. Must have been a hell of a night! I've never seen so much Red on a doppler picture before!

Attachments

241 - 254 of 254 Posts