TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally happened. My cat got "blessed" by a New Orleans No Driver. Dude in a Chevy truck was pulling out of his stall and pulled my front bumper off the car, also broke out the Drivers side turnsignal. Best of all No insurance on his part.
I really don't want to hit my Ins. CO. with the claim since my rates are pretty high anyway.
SO I have several options.
1: 96-97 conversion
2: Back to stock
3: T-Bird bumper conversion(since the 94-95 T-bird bumper is better looking than the Cougar bumper-IMHO)

What I want to know is if there is anyone in the NOLA area with stock parts since I have cash.
What's needed for the 96/97 conversion(ie hood, lights,bumper, fenders etc...)
Whats needed for the T-bird conversion(ie hood, lights,bumper)
Thanks in advance

PS the chevy had about 3000 in damges it caved the whole bed in on the passenger side.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bum deal.
Is there some reason that you are paying to have your car fixed? You should sue him. There is no reason that you should have to pay for his mistake, whether he has insurance or not.
As far as which bumper to go with... that's a hard call. I guess if you have to replace the bumper cover anyway, you might as well put on the style that you like best. I actually like the 94-95 the least. I'm not saying I hate it, it's just not as good as the other two styles, even though that's what I have. I can never make up my mind which bumper I like better, 93 or 96. I like the "intake thingys" on the older T-birds, but I like the headlights on the 96-97.

·
Registered
204 Posts
PaddyCake:
Does your state require insurance? If so, tell the guy to come up with the cash or turn him in to have his drivers liscence pulled :ztoohot: and then sue him. I know here in Ohio, they will not reinstate your DL until the clown has made good on the damages to the other guy's vehicle.

Tinman:
Well, I am planning on keeping my 94 style bumper since I already have two sets of aftermarket lights in the left & right "fog light/air scope openings". I dislike the factory style headlights & turn signals & will be switching over to the 96/97 with clear corners. This will require me to replace the hood. I am trying to find a GOOD quality hood manufacturer for a 96/97 that has the raised Cobra style with the 2 inlets.

Any body know where I can find one?

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Oh dude, if someone hit my car and I found out they were uninsured I'd go ballistic. I definately agree you should seek damages from him, report the accident, sue, go for cash, etc. Whatever you do, don't let yourself get hosed cause he's a bum who can't pay insurance. Hope things work out for ya

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heres the kicker since the accident happened on privaite property the cops won't come out and file a report.
W/O a report my insurance won't pay, the guy didn't have a DL anyway so I don't think he cares about loosing it again. Oh yah and The lawers down here that I have talked to won't touch it w/o a police report.
Yah if I had a choice I'd sue the crap out of him but I dont.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
OMG, that totally sucks!! If that's the case, I don't suppose a bat would change his mind? Or maybe send it to a bounty hunter... hehehehe

·
Registered
132 Posts
If he doesn't have a license, he gets to go to jail. While he's in jail, you can have your way with his wife/gf/older daughter. Everyone wins!

But seriously, what kind of private property was this? Go to the police station and tell them you'd like to report and accident involving another driver that had no insurance and no license. They'll listen then.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
thebigslide said:
If he doesn't have a license, he gets to go to jail. While he's in jail, you can have your way with his wife/gf/older daughter. Everyone wins!

But seriously, what kind of private property was this? Go to the police station and tell them you'd like to report and accident involving another driver that had no insurance and no license. They'll listen then.
It's the NOPD, he's right they ain't gonna do ****.

Sucks man, if you need help fixin her gimmee a shout

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shout really I'm looking for a stock bumper cover now and if you have a spare drivers side turnsignal assembly you'll be 15 bucks richer.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hey sorry to bring this up 8 days later, but I'm down here in New Orleans and I know what you are talking about N.O.P.D. = Not Our Problem Dude, atleast that's what I always here. I've got a pair of stock front corner lights you can have free of charge. Not much else, but if you need help putting it back together let me know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts