TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I just got my first deer. Its beautiful, an 11 point buck. I may get some pics of it. (I wouldn't have known it was an 11 point buck but the Highway Patrolman and the Deputy were hunters)

Now the bad news.

I used my Car to get it.

Thats right, I just hit a deer with the Limited Edition. I'm certain its totaled. Its going to need a new hood, windshield, radiator and supports and everything in front of the radiator (oddly enough the bumper looks good). I think it bent the roof down some to though, as the sunroof popped up. This really sucks. I'll get pics tomorrow.

I did keep the deer though. When mom asked me why I told her that just knowing they were going to cut it up into little pieces would make me feel a little better. I asked the Patrolman if I could borrow his gun so I could shoot it. He laughed and said its already dead, I said I know but it will make me feel better. He just said he didn't think it would be necessary.

Before all you vultures start asking for parts, I need to find out if I can afford to buy it back, after paying it off. And I plan on buying another bird so I won't be selling parts till I know if I have another bird or not. I have to buy another bird. I've got all the parts that are already on my LE, + the PI Intake, the Mark VIII TC, and the KYB shocks sitting in my garage!

So if you know of, or have a nice 96-97 T-bird V8 for sale in the 4-state area (KS, MO, AR, OK) let me know.

·
Registered
366 Posts
No :(.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I want the CAI!!!!

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
Sucks about the car Traveler. Hope you find another one to replace it. At least you walked away from it.

But on the other hand . . .

[homersimpson]mmmmmm, deer jerkey . . . mmmmm deer slim jims . . . mmmmm, deer chili[/homersimpson]

Sorry, but I find Bambi and his dad to be quite tasty, especially when turned into jerky or thrown into a pot of chili;)

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
LOL Exactly! My girlfriend wanted the deer soooo bad she was willing to put it in the back of her Explorer! :D (Well, that and she loves me. :D ) As it turned out, we didn't have to. My landlord/co-worker/good friend/next door neighbor came out with her Nissan Pickup and we loaded it up. She's gonna let me use it to run all the necessary errands tomorrow too. (Deer processor, insurance, etc.) All for the small fee of some deer burger for chili.

And having seen Bambi, I'd have to say I didn't hit Bambi. I hit the Prince of the Forest!!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Sorry to hear that about your car. I hit one in a International on I78 in NJ destroyed the fiberglass nose it was suicide buy truck the State Trooper said we where lucky it didn’t go though the windshield.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Faster than Porkchop
2,037 Posts
NOOooooooo

Sorry man ..

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just noticed that this thread is in the misc for sale forum. I have no idea how it got there, I must have not been paying attention last night. Could a moderator put it in the appropriate forum for me?

·
Registered
484 Posts
That stinks, you sure that wasnt a moose:eek: I did see a nice car that Rod had for sale last time I was there getting parts......:D sorry.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Man it looks like you rolled it about 3 times.Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
i dont think the roof got bent in...im thinkin that since obviously somthing hit your windshield pretty hard...a pressure change inside the car could pop the sunroof up.....if you do decide to part out the car....how much would u want for that 3 guage cluster?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL Tell you what guys. I will part out whats left of the car the car after I get what I want (provided of course I can get it bought back). I don't know for sure what will be available though, as it depends on what year bird I get.

The 3-gauge cluster is an inexpensive item from O'Reilly's by the way if you don't want to wait. Cost me about 30 bucks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My condolences, looked like a sweet 'Bird.:( Being from Pa., I can relate to the damage a deer can cause. Make sure you get some butterfly steaks outta that buck!:D Good luck in your search for suitable replacement.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.