TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I just got off the phone with Dan ordering my PI intake. He had 2 left from FRPP for $167.20, and I got one of them, he has one left at that price. Now, the bad news, Dan told me to let you guys know that he just tried to order more while I was on the phone with him, and FRPP is on backorder on them until March 15th. You can go ahead and place the order at that price, and you'll get it shortly after that.

He did say he could still get the intake through Ford's normal parts department for 245.98. The same intake, but FRPP sells it cheaper than Ford parts.

Just a friendly update from your favorite parts guy.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17460

A little reading for you. It looks worth it to me, and BTW, it's the lower only, as long as you have a 96-97 TBird, the upper will work. I see you have a '95 like me, and here's the list of parts I've gathered so far to use for the swap.

96 TBird fuel rails
96 Throttle cable
96 Cable bracket
96 cruise control cable
96 EGR Tube
Accufab Plenum
Accufab 75mm Throttle Body
'02 Mustang Intake Tube or MAC CAI
You must either get the 99+ water tube in the valley, or modify yours somehow to fit.

You could get away cheaper than I did, but I'm probably going to do my 98 GT headswap with some cams at the same time, so I went ahead and bought the accufab stuff. If you find a stock 96-97 in the scrapyard, you should be able to scrounge everything you need off of it.

·
Banned
3,083 Posts
What would you say your total cost will be? Unfortunatly, I live on an Island where there is NO junk yard...let alone T-birds...(I own 2 of the 3 here). Anyway, Just curious your total spending...thanx for your input, and that was definatly good reading...

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, here's the prices for the stuff I'm using, depending on which way you go, you could get away cheaper.

PI Lower Intake, EGR tube, throttle cable, gaskets and bracket-270.54
fuel rails-135.62
fuel lines-97.37
Accufab upper plenum-214.50
Accufab 75mm TB-218.00
MAC CAI- 179.00 or '02 GT intake tube- $65 from junkyard

I'm also going to have to tap the intake for the extra coolant sensor, which I can do myself, but if you don't have the capabilities, you need to add that in. You may also have to drill and tap the intake for the power brakes, I'm still waiting to see though, but you may have to add that in as well.

You have to replace the coolant line in the engine valley, but I've heard you can just modify the existing one, waiting on confirmation on that though.

As you can see, it's a bit more expensive for us 94-95 owners, but with the mods I have planned, it's either that, or an SVO intake, and this was the cheaper of the 2, especially since the SVO is on backorder right now. If you can source used parts, you could cut the cost down considerably, but I'm not going to do that.

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
The 96 - 97 cars need:

PI lower intake
PI coolant hose
NPI intake gaskets
RTV sealant

That is it, that's all.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
hehehehe, good thing I called early this morning, mine is on the way:D
Mine should be shipping out tomorrow morning. Just trying to figure out how soon I can get that bad boy in there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
chrisnack said:
Hey Rich,

What are you going to do for the coolant sensor? Tap it or just splice into the other one?

Good question, I just dont know about the drill and tapping..... I know I would screw things up and have to buy 2 intakes.

What's everyones take on the splicing? Would it be useful to diode isolate the second wire to avoid interference? Are their values the same?

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There's a nice boss on the coolant xover to drill and tap, I've got a drill press, so I'm just going to drill and tap it, and save any problems associated with splicing 2 sensor leads together, I don't really know if both sensors read the exact same, and drilling/tapping is a foolproof way to avoid problems.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
There's a nice boss on the coolant xover to drill and tap, I've got a drill press, so I'm just going to drill and tap it, and save any problems associated with splicing 2 sensor leads together, I don't really know if both sensors read the exact same, and drilling/tapping is a foolproof way to avoid problems.
Yeah, I'm probably gonna drill and tap mine. Actually should be installing the intake on sat. Hopefully I can get it tapped by then.

If nothing else, it'll be spliced for a few weeks, and then tapped later.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Should any local shop be able to tap that?

I won't have access to a drill press this weekend, otherwise I"d do it myself. So guess I'll have to fork out to get it drilled/tapped.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A machine shop would be your best bet, because it's going to have to be drilled pretty large. I've got all the equipment here, too bad you're so far away.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Rich95XR7 said:
A machine shop would be your best bet, because it's going to have to be drilled pretty large. I've got all the equipment here, too bad you're so far away.
Yeah, my dad has one.. and I might have access to one this weekend. A buddy has one at his shop, just not sure if it's large enough to accomadate the size of the intake. We'll find out this weekend.

I would think you could do it by hand if you were careful, since it's aluminum it'll drill pretty easy.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
just a question...what year mustang GTs had the PI intake...?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts