TCCoA Forums banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Got a set of mark rear control arms. Anyone running those UHMW bushings have any reviews?

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Iv read with the uhmw bushings are designed to retain the factory toe compensator link. is it better to delete the compensator link for drag racing and autocross?

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well since I picked up smokymences car I’m going to swap In the
ALUMINUM PI 4.6L V8 FROM EXPLORER
VORTECH SUPERCHARGER
BULLIT INTAKE
COBRA BOOST TUBE
ACCUFAB THROTTLE BODY
MHS STAGE 2 BLOWER CAMS
KOOKS HEADERS

-I was wondering if I should change it from meth injection to Intercooled. Thoughts ?

-Also I’m staying Auto and going to run a dirty dog 3200 shall convertor. Do I run my tbird flex plate?

With the blower and Auto I have choice of parts laying around to make 3:73 or 4:10 rear end. Any input on this?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just a few thoughts how I would do it.
1st is keep meth injection but look at inter-cooler as well. Its been my experience that they work well together and are more reliable and safer.

2nd keep auto, with mine I had to use an sfi flexplate for a marauder due to the smaller bolt circle of the billet converter. I also went to Alto Red Eagle clutches and Koleen steels and power pack, and Sonnax HC billet forward drum, for reliability.

3rd keep 3:73 gears, there wasn't enough gear with my 3:89.
I found with my set up 4.6 DOHC, Vortech S trim small pulley modded MAC headers, I had to go back to the 3:55 gear from the 3:89, there was just too much torque for tires and not enough gear for top end reliability.
Now I have sold the blower and acquired a NOS Launcher. so we will see how that compares for reliability once engine is back in.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
1st is keep meth injection but look at inter-cooler as well. Its been my experience that they work well together and are more reliable and safer.

2nd keep auto, with mine I had to use an sfi flexplate for a marauder due to the smaller bolt circle of the billet converter. I also went to Alto Red Eagle clutches and Koleen steels and power pack, and Sonnax HC billet forward drum, for reliability.

I found with my set up 4.6 DOHC, Vortech S trim small pulley modded MAC headers, I had to go back to the 3:55 gear from the 3:89, there was just too much torque for tires and not enough gear for top end reliability.
Now I have sold the blower and acquired a NOS Launcher. so we will see how that compares for reliability once engine is back in.
Thanks for the detailed reply!
- any pics of your Intercooled set up when you had it?

-really liked my 4:10 gears but this differnt set up may work better with 3:73s . I’ll wait tell more people chime in.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
and not enough gear for top end reliability.
Can you elaborate a little more on what you mean by this? Are you just refering to running past your desired red-line?

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I say go air to air (and take good pics so I can copy it in a few years, lol). It requires a bit of fabrication, but it will always be there. There is less risk of running out of meth or something else failing.

As for gears, I say to go with as much as you can get away with. As long as you are not doing any racing over a quarter mile, I think go with 4:10s.

If you are running 26" tires with 4:10s-
at 125 mph your motor would be at 6,625 rpm.
at 130 mph your motor would be at 6,890 rpm.

If you are running 27" tires with 4:10s-
at 125 mph your motor would be at 6,380 rpm.
at 130 mph your motor would be at 6,635 rpm.

With 3:73s and a 26" tire its-
at 125 mph your motor would be at 6,027 rpm.
at 130 mph your motor would be at 6,268 rpm.

If you are only running 1/8 mile of running a 28" tall tire, that makes 4:10s even easier.

Going soft on gears (3:55 of 3:73) because of traction issues always seems like an excuse for not running a wide enough or sticky enough tire.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Thunderstruck95 I was running 1/4 and 1/2 with it and was not liking the rpm since my lower end is basically stock 96 Cobra, with Micky's would hook well but not well enough, without cutting and rolling fenders. This being my DD I wasn't wanting to push it that hard. If I was running a TR 56 or a 6060 I would have a much higher top end but the ratio is too low for me on an AOD / 4R70

Yes air to air is a good safety aspect if tuned to the max on afr, but you can make more power with air & meth, and yes you can run lean and detonate if you run out and not tuned for it to retard timing when low meth pressure.. I use Alkey systems and ProMeth on my installs just for the tuning aspect. Snow and Devils Own work just can't tune them as well.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Out with the old!
I’ll sell off my powercoated tb plenum , tb, cold air intake, aluminum bbk underdrive pullies, and pi intake

-ps why do my pics not post right on the forum and you have to click on them?

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Out with the old!
I’ll sell off my powercoated tb plenum , tb, cold air intake, aluminum bbk underdrive pullies, and pi intake

-ps why do my pics not post right on the forum and you have to click on them?
How much for the cold air intake? PM me your price.

·
Banned
575 Posts

I totally agree

·
Banned
575 Posts
Hey twohaggard? Was that an a.c. or something? What's with the shock tower covers? Just covers to look cleaner?

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Hey twohaggard? Was that an a.c. or something? What's with the shock tower covers? Just covers to look cleaner?
A/c I’m sorry I don’t know what your asking about? The car has no air conditioning?
Btw I have a/c delete pulley forsale tho also.
Yes those covers come on “Auto ride” cars. Think just sc”s? Just for cleaner look.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Seems like maybe intercooling with a blow through MAF is the way to go. Can anyone give some input on this? I need help choosing a blow through MAF

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Crazyfornos can you tell me more about this sfi flexplate. My dirty dog has a smaller bolt circle and my stock tbird doesn’t work.

·
Super Moderator
10,410 Posts
Crazyfornos can you tell me more about this sfi flexplate. My dirty dog has a smaller bolt circle and my stock tbird doesn’t work.
You need a flexplate from a mark VIII.

Summit sells one with both sets of holes.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Smokey’s car had 2 1/2 dual in dual out. What are your thoughts on 2 1/2 or 3 full exhaust. Same mid mount muffler set up.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Powdercoat everything myself

Attachments

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Stuff iv been collecting

Attachments

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
What plugs are recommended for boosted set up?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts