1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
You do know the double decker wing takes off at least a half a second to a whole second. Not to mention the 30-50 HP gain.

:uppoint: :uppoint: :uppoint:

-Shawn

·
Don't call me a Newbie
397 Posts
...meters, tack of meter, racing seat...
It must be the "tack of meter" that makes it so fast. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they are driving a tbird, that is a plus... after that it's all downhill.... i just don't understand the spoiler-thingy or whatever the hell is it! On a big long wide car. Why would you put something like that? It just doesn't even fit, it just looks plain wrong.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you look close enough you can see the factory mounting holes still there.... wups... i would have covered those up.. oh wait, i wouldn't have put that on in the first place... i'll stick with my stock spoiler... come on now, i can't give up my LED brake light, that is the coolest thing about it ! :)

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
That car sucks becuause, it's a 96, and I love the 96 prolly the most out of all MN12 years, not to mention, it HAD a sweet looking stock interior which appears to have been gray at one time, also my favorite MN12 interior color, and he had to go black/white, WTF??!!! that wing is just beyond words, the wheels pretty much lack definition (my opinion only) and ughgh hopefully he never finds this site, or better yet somebody buys the bird and un-customizes it.

Earl

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
Earl said:
and he had to go black/white
Are you partially color blind or did all the red make you that way? :D

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
155 with two cerwin vega 12's, lol. They had better be stroker series. I have one 15 cerwin vega and hit a 142.6. The most I could gain from a second one and another amp would be about 6 decibels, and if I had concrete in all of the interior i might get another 3 decibels. Yeah you can call bluff on that unless he has the CV strokers with alot of sound deadening. The 13.8 @ 109 is B.S. unless he is supercharged, and the mph is very high for that e.t. . It is strange that he didn't say anything about the supercharger or DOHC swap or whatever. The 13.8 would be possible no problem with the 290 horsepower, but the mph is way off. I don't know, I would call b.s. on the engine too. Personally the car is way too much rice for me ( no offense to anyone that likes it though). That's JMO though.

Russell

·
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada
2,116 Posts
JL is running 13.9's with 212 hp at the wheels, 290 is way to much for that E.T.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
JL is running 13.9's with 212 hp at the wheels, 290 is way to much for that E.T.

JL is hooking pretty good with his 1.8X 60 foot times. I have seen people with that much horsepower and more run worse through the 1/4. @ 109 mph he should have 12 sec time slips no problem. 290 horsepower unless it is rwhp will not give him the mph that he put on there.

·
2,116 Posts
That is what I was going to get at, he should be in the 12's or low 13's at the worst with 290 hp

EDIT:

Just wait, he is going to read this thread and change that 3 to a 2!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ah, lovely, didn't think i'd get this much support for ripping on the guy! What a great club! :) But seriously, if you can find the info you need on this site/forum, you don't need to know it ;)

Did anyone notice his 0-60 as well? :)

Yeah, to hit 155, he would need a ****load more power than that, and i don't know if that is possible with just 2-12s. I can hit at least 125ish if i remember correctly with my 2 10s in an a custom built iso-port box. (I built it) Every 3db takes twice as much power. And I'm pushing like 400 watts RMS from my Alpine MRV-T420. And my subs have a sensitivty of 94db which is incredibly rare. (For those who don't know, likewise every 3db more sensative a speaker is, it requires half the power to reach the same volume)

I doubt he's 290 at the wheels. He would have to have alot of mods to pull that one off.

Maybe somewhere out there, someone buys his BS. For his sake, until someone calls his bluff in front of a bunch of people (at the track). Then we'll see whos laughing! :)

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Just wait, he is going to read this thread and change that 3 to a 2!
Yeah for real. lol

That is what I was going to get at, he should be in the 12's or low 13's at the worst with 290 hp
Sorry about that I hope I didn't come off as a prick or anything. I figured that was what you meant.

Russell

·
2,116 Posts
Sorry about that I hope I didn't come off as a prick or anything. I figured that was what you meant.
that is cool, I pressed the reply button before I finished typing, I realized it afterwards that I didn't finish what I was going to say. That never crossed my mind!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
When I had my hatchback I hit 145 on 2 jl 12's. Also had a really big Phenoix Gold amp, crossover, and a bass cube. That was in a hatch.
Then I notice he has racing seats. Well, looks more like seat covers and a removed head rest. The car is quality.:thumbsd:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts