TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had been working all afternoon on my dis and a way to keep it grounded and on risers to let air flow through, but when i went to start my car it wouldnt turn over. so i re assebled everything back to noramal, and stopped off for dinner at my uncles

left at night noticed my dash lights were not working, and i really needed them too. the lgiths that tell me check battery, brake, cel come on fine, but no dash lights. i have an aftermarket cd player thats been there for 4 months now, and it illuminated, and the autoheadlights come one, i dont know where to start so can someone help me out?

i also installed a headlight switch, mines been without, because my mechanic convinced me it was the root of a short in my headlight system. a few days later i thought he was ape**** crazy but he lost it. maybe coincidence but maybe not.

Rundown, for those of you who hate stories:
1990 tbird sc auto headlights, dim slider not working.
aftermarket stereo lights up, and so do the cel lights and batterylights, belt etc. but no dash.
where do i look first.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i would start with a new headlamp switch

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah

but the autos work, and the knob works. im not trying to pull at straws here, and trhow tons of money into it, im hoping someone can point me in the direction of the correct fuse location.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
check the fuses. I replaced mine because a fuse was blown. Its the fuse for the parking lamps. 1st row, last fuse i believe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts