TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was curious if anyone else had a dashboard rattle on the driver side. It rattles somewhere towards the front, where the windshield and the dash meet. I took the dash apart (where the gages sit) and couldn't find anything loose. I was curious if it is a common problem. Also, I have a constant clicking that comes from the vents just above the climat controls. It sounds like a vent is trying to open/close repeatedly, but the car only does this every now and then. If I turn the vents on and off, sometimes it fixes it but it doesn't always do that.

This car seems to have been in a major front end collision prior to my purchase, but the car has no major problems. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I took my dash out to changed those little bulbs and the two prong each had a rubber boot on it, it fell off and my dash squeaks and rattle ever since because I was too lazy to reach or look for it. I then remove the dash again and wrapped electrical tape on those two prongs and put velco (the soft side) against the contacts points and no squeaks since. Hope this helps.

Kenny

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll look into that when I get a free weekend.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Almost all contact points should have a layer of...

a thick layer of well cured silicone between the 2 contacts can work wonders.
I used that with a little rubberized undercoating in some areas..

On the main mounts that hold the dash to the firewall, I installed small dyna-mat strips in between. If you use this principle with almost everything in the dash where plastic mounts to plastic, or to metal, youll kill a lot of noises.

My 93 LX has the older, and (weaker in some spots) interior, and mine doesnt make a sound since this cheap upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts