TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Alabama Chapter Director
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Who all is gonna be there or in the area? I will be there with my dads car-34 Ford Victoria! Not sure where we are stayin, but it was supposed to have been booked by the company who built my dads car b/c I think we are going to be in their display :) Anyways..just tryin to see who will be there. :D

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Look for <a href="http://sk8erdeath.skyblog.com/pics/28246784.jpg">Phil</a> in a Mark VIII.

Does your Dad's car have a Ford engine? I slow down for the ones that aren't bowtie powered.... I believe it's orange right?

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
Maybe, Maybe Not... Its a "Possible" but probably without the car. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I may stroll up there on my harley...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
WkStill said:
Maybe, Maybe Not... Its a "Possible" but probably without the car. :)

What?!? I've been wanting a closer look at that thing since FFW two years ago.... 'specially the penguin bumper sticker. That's gotta add a few horses right? ;)

FordTBirdGirl said:
Yes there is a FORD engine in it...why on earth do people get a FORD vehicle and get a CHEVY engine for it? Makes no sense at all to me!
You're right, never made sense to me either but nearly everyone does it that isn't building a concours car. No accountin' for taste.... I can see why it's practical since parts are cheap and you can buy them at Wal Mart but I wouldn't build a street rod to be practical. The best way I ever heard it? "If you're building a street rod put a Chevy in it. If you're building a hot rod put a Ford in it."

·
1,614 Posts
doodaa said:
What?!? I've been wanting a closer look at that thing since FFW two years ago.... 'specially the penguin bumper sticker. That's gotta add a few horses right? ;)
Hey Now! Don't forget the Longville,MN Fishing sticker..

The reason for not taking it is becuase my back can't handle the drive in it.. I got nice comfy leather seats in my new ride.. I could Trailer it, but the paint doesn't allow for trailering (someone may think its scrap)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
WkStill said:
Hey Now! Don't forget the Longville,MN Fishing sticker..
I'm old, I forget stuff frequently. ;)

Be sure and wave if you pass us in the Mark since I won't be able to ID you by the car.

·
1,614 Posts
oh, another reason i may "not" go.. Ever since it went from "Turkey Rod Run" to "Tukey Run" its pretty muched sucked.

Also: you have to have 4 of the following 6 to bring in a 80+ car

1.CHOPPED
2.LOWERED
3.CUSTOM PAINT (CANDY, PEARLS, ETC.)
4.GRAPHICS (FLAMES, SCALLOPS)
5.CUSTOM INTERIORS
6.CUSTOM BODY MODIFICATIONS (LOUVERS, DE- CHROMED, TILT FRONTS, TUBS, ETC.)

ok, What about Performance Modifications? oh, yeah, its a all show no go thing now.. So basically any honda with a fart pipe can pre-register ?

·
Alabama Chapter Director
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well from experience, the first year we went, I took my Bird and I felt so out of place.. this event is mainly ( in my opinion) for HOT RODS, STREET RODS, and things of that nature.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
ill most likely be there in my bird...its a silver one with no V-8 emblems...and a loud exhaust...my names marc if ya see me say whats up

·
Registered
120 Posts
I will be there on Friday.I have the whole week off of work so I will be at the track during the day and over on beachside in the evening.There is another good show north on A1A about 3 miles or so from International Speedway Blvd.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts