TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DC Power 280 amp HO alt SOLD

Ive got a DC Power 280 amp high output alternator with VERY little use, less than 10 hours on it cased for a 4.6 V8 engine. It comes with a pre fabbed bracket that I built to mount it, Cost was $500 plus shipping new, Id like to get $350 shipped CONUS.
It looks and works like new, its a direct plug and play with the bracket :cool:
Only selling because Im getting rid of the car and I have the stock alt to replace this one with.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, the alt is specifically built for the 4.6 Tbird. I couldn't find it on the website either. I called DC Power directly to place the order, at the time I didn't know they had the alts listed for each make and model so Im not sure if it's ever been listed on the site or not?

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Ah I see. I might consider it. I've got a Mitsu alt from a cop car, but have yet to see if it will even work with all the stuff needed to make it work, lol. That and my crank damper-to-alt-pulley ratio is 1.375:1 so yea, lol.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well this one will take nothing more than doing a direct alt swap. No custom fab required since I am including the bracket I built for the top mount, which bolts in the same place the factory alt was mounted to. Mount it, plug it in, reinstall the belt pulley and connect the battery cable and your ready to go!

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
Well this one will take nothing more than doing a direct alt swap. No custom fab required since I am including the bracket I built for the top mount, which bolts in the same place the factory alt was mounted to. Mount it, plug it in, reinstall the belt pulley and connect the battery cable and your ready to go!
Not quite, for me at least.

Look at my intake manifold. No place for bracket. :)

My alternator pulley next to a stocker:

almost a direct swap :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Open to reasonable offer. Car is being sold and this will just sit on a shelf until somebody takes it.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
Well crap.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts