TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every morning when I go out to start my 94 4.6 XR7 it is dead. There is not enough juice to light the dome light. I replaced the Bat. the bat. conections. And now am stummped it still does it. The voltage regulater was replaced about 5 months ago. I have charged the battery and started the car and there is 14 volts and some change at the battery so the alternator is fine. Does anyone know was could be causing this drain. no lights were left on my amp shuts off with the key I looked but nothing is staying on when the car is off. I am not to fabulous with electrical problems

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
DANNYI said:
Every morning when I go out to start my 94 4.6 XR7 it is dead. There is not enough juice to light the dome light. I replaced the Bat. the bat. conections. And now am stummped it still does it. The voltage regulater was replaced about 5 months ago. I have charged the battery and started the car and there is 14 volts and some change at the battery so the alternator is fine. Does anyone know was could be causing this drain. no lights were left on my amp shuts off with the key I looked but nothing is staying on when the car is off. I am not to fabulous with electrical problems

Go to autozone and get the alternator tested with a machine to measure the current output.

First thing I'd do is yank the sound system out.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Well if it goes up to 14 volts all the time when its running the alternator is fine or else you would notice the volts go way down. Try letting it sit for a couple hrs and see if it turns over if its fine i would just keep searching for a light or something that is not turning off thats what my advice would be

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
DO you know if the alternator is charging the battery???? Check that first..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts