TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a issue with my 95 running hot at times , it does not always get hot but it's becoming more frequent. I was out tonight temp is like mid 60's and the temp gauge started showing hot. It was between the M and Hot so I popped the hood and right off noticed the fan was not moving. I know the stock gauges are not that accurate but still the fan should have been on ....at least one of them. I got back in the car and cranked the heat first the fan turned for like 30 seconds then stopped again. I then turned on the AC only to get the same thing.
Any ideas ?
I am thinking since the fan did move some that maybe a relay switch? IF the motor was bad would it have even moved at all?Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just because the fan runs some, doesn't mean that it is not bad. My fan went bad over a few mounths and I didn't know it was bad until I was out with the windowsdown and the toons turned off, then I could hear the fan when it came on and noticed it was not running right. (The temp gauge was up in the gettin hot range as well) I swaped the fan out and that took care of that problem, now I'm not saying that - that is "your" problem, but it was mine and the fan replace fixed my overheating problem. I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts