TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I thought I could live with it, but when she stared to choke on the expressway I got spooked...

My gas gauge is permanently stuck on E. I've been told that it's either a ground wire or that the sender inside is rusted tight, but that's sight unseen. I would think (even though I try not to) that if the sender were rusted, the needle would be stuck somewhere in the range, and not at the E? Anynoe else have any insight on this sort of thing?

·
Registered
454 Posts
My Bird has a a problem liek that too, it tends to lean over to the right after its started so it makes me think i have more gas then i really do.

·
Registered
62 Posts
lowthunder...

check the connector - it's right by the vent plug. I had the same problem until i sqeezed the connector a little to tighten the connection and she was good as now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine doesn't work either, after checking all the wireing I came to the conclusion that it's the sender in the tank, which costs like $250cdn, so i just use my trip counter to know when to fill up, that or when the car starts to fart,lol.

·
Registered
20 Posts
mine tends to sway back and forth randomly.. it changes by about a 1/4 at the most, but it always varies alittle. ive kinda just grown to ignore it and just guess its actually somewhere between the two extremes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts